New series of still open all hours

THE SEEKER

It's really bad im not a fan the days of that kind of comedy are sadly over and there have been many attempts to bring stuff like this back and it never works

It's a wonder theve not tried to bring back Porridge but of course yet again only Ronnie Barker could play Fletch !

It's really bad im not a fan the days of that kind of comedy are sadly over and there have been many attempts to bring stuff like this back and it never works

I think it's because it isn't timeless comedy. It just fitted with the time.

Even I lived/understand that era, and saw very few similarities to modern life, and more importantly that there weren't any funny lines, which made it a complete flop, I thought.

bold: It rarely works, but it brings in viewers I suppose for the people that watched the original thing.

If Fawlty Towers for example was remade, I think it would be a disaster, and perhaps potentially ruin a classic [shorter] series.

I'd watch it though, so I can't really complain. I think it's just cheap TV really.

I think it's because it isn't timeless comedy. It just fitted with the time.

Even I lived/understand that era, and saw very few similarities to modern life, and more importantly that there weren't any funny lines, which made it a complete flop, I thought.

bold: It rarely works, but it brings in viewers I suppose for the people that watched the original thing.

If Fawlty Towers for example was remade, I think it would be a disaster, and perhaps potentially ruin a classic [shorter] series.

I'd watch it though, so I can't really complain. I think it's just cheap TV really.

Correct that's what it is cheap TV. ! Also these modern actors don't have the timing of the original actors.

• 1 year later...