What if Labour had not won?

And watch them wave bye bye as they leave. I guess you're not old enough to remember the "brain drain" of the late 1970s?

Doctors who are newly qualified form a growing proportion of the thousands of British medics seeking jobs abroad each year, triggering concerns that the NHS is heading for a staffing crisis.

And that, I assume, is not related to our UK tax rate.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/23/new-doctors-leave-nhs-for-better-life-abroad?CMP=fb_gu

Doctors who are newly qualified form a growing proportion of the thousands of British medics seeking jobs abroad each year, triggering concerns that the NHS is heading for a staffing crisis.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/23/new-doctors-leave-nhs-for-better-life-abroad?CMP=fb_gu

That's probably the nationalised healthcare system not offering competitive terms and conditions for new doctors.

That's probably the nationalised healthcare system not offering competitive terms and conditions for new doctors.

Or maybe just the weather? I know of a couple of people who moved to Australia so they could enjoy doing outdoor family activities all year round and not just the summer months.

Why would it be?

Same outcome, different causes. Life is more complicated than having one single reason for things happening.

It's like saying "wood floats, therefore everything that floats is made of wood".

Anyhoo, from your own link:

He added that a number of factors were prompting British doctors to consider moving abroad. One was anger at the overly bureaucratic revalidation process, in which all doctors regularly undergo a series of checks so that they can retain their licence to practise.

Another was the issue of medical indemnity insurance, which Hazel said costs between six and 12 times more in the UK for a GP than in Australia. “While this cost is ‘covered’ by the NHS for salaried GPs, freelance GPs would need to cover this themselves,” Hazel explained. “A full-time GP can expect to pay between £5,000 to £12,000 for insurance, whereas in Australia they would pay under A$2,000 (£1,000). And the Australian insurance policy covers much more in terms of procedures than a UK policy.”