Fake benefit claimants in dwp literature

There's all sorts of reasons for being sanctioned. Being late for one. Not filling in a form correctly. Not being readily able to provide proof of eligibility (I know all about that particular one). Not being able to provide evidence of actually applying for jobs. Although quite how you're supposed to do that, is a bit of a mystery, as employers, even if you've been for an interview mostly don't bother to even send a thanks but no thanks letter. Not keeping your 'log book' up to date...Basically anything and everything...

my advice to those who have been sanctioned unfairly is to contact your local MP.

Dont contact them about a late appointment though, they will laugh at you.

my advice to those who have been sanctioned unfairly is to contact your local MP.

Dont contact them about a late appointment though, they will laugh at you.

Now that's really funny...Honestly?...Is that your advice?

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:26 ----------

It must be so boring for you having to back up claims with evidence, people just don't accept things like they used to.

More sniping? I'll just simply ignore your comments...Simples...

Re my bold.

Sometimes buses are late. Sometimes the unforeseen happens and claimants are delayed by five minute through NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN!

For the avoidance of all doubt let me assure you there is nothing about you to get "excited" about judging from your stance on this thread!

Can you give some examples of the unforseen?

If it helps, I'll forsee some of them now. Traffic. Bus late. Couldn't find house keys. Had to perform CPR at road accident. Hit by bus running to be on time.

Can you give some examples of the unforseen?

If it helps, I'll forsee some of them now. Traffic. Bus late. Couldn't find house keys. Had to perform CPR at road accident. Hit by bus running to be on time.

Does he need to provide a comprehensive list? You've just answered your own question :huh:

It is far from "irrelevant!"

Treating people with respect is important! If you don't have respect then you can't ever hope to receive it. Whatever the reasons for the delay in his interview you might have thought that someone would have had the common courtesy to explain the delay rather than just keep him waiting.

You seem that eager to defend the current vogue for demonising all claimants that you overlook disrespect!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32032560

It's not unreasonable that people who have many meetings through the day end up running late.

It IS unreasonable for someone who has ONE meeting to be late.

I'm not defending demonising any group. I'm saying that there are few valid excuses for being late. I'm sure there are many other reasons for sanctions that I don't agree with, but you picked the one that is perfectly reasonable.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:31 ----------

Does he need to provide a comprehensive list? You've just answered your own question :huh:

He claimed that they were unforeseeable. I've just forseen them, and you know what, they're all easily avoided.

Get an earlier bus.

Set off earlier.

Leave plenty of time to ensure that you aren't late.

If you really DO have to first aid, or are hit by a bus, I expect that you'll get away with it, the once at least.

You know how I make sure I get to work on time everyday? It's by setting off with time to spare to account for any delays. Do you know how early I tend to be for interviews... It depends on the journey time, but going over to Manchester recently for one, I was an hour early.

Now that's really funny...Honestly?...Is that your advice?

Its under the local MP's remit, so yes thats my advice.

----------

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/when-to-contact-your-mp/

When you should contact your local MP

MPs are more able to help you with issues that Parliament or government are responsible for, such as:

Tax (but not council tax as this is set and paid to your local authority).

Hospitals and the National Health Service (not local social services).

Benefits, pensions, national insurance.

Immigration.

School closures and grants (not day-to-day school problems like governors or the local education authority).

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:36 ----------

http://www.paulblomfield.co.uk/ (MP for sheffield central)

23 people have written to me about the Government’s Welfare Reform and Work Bill. I wanted to share my response more widely:

I’m pleased to have the opportunity to explain the position I took on the Government's Welfare Reform and Work Bill at its initial Parliamentary consideration at Second Reading, when I voted for the Labour amendment against the Bill. I believe passionately in a system of social security where people are properly supported when in need, and contribute as they can afford it through progressive taxation. I am appalled by the Tory demonisation of those on benefits – whether in or out of work – and am particularly opposed to those Tory proposals to reverse the progress made by Labour Governments in tackling child poverty.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:37 ----------

As well as speaking out on the issues that matter to my constituents, a very important responsibility of being an MP is being able to provide help to people in Sheffield Central who have individual problems. Me and my staff will do all we can to help you. Please get in touch if we can help you or if you want to talk to me about an issue you feel strongly about.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:39 ----------

He claimed that they were unforeseeable. I've just forseen them, and you know what, they're all easily avoided.

Get an earlier bus.

Set off earlier.

Don't get too practical, pete doesnt like it.:hihi:

Get an earlier bus.

Set off earlier.

If you really DO have to first aid, or are hit by a bus, I expect that you'll get away with it, the once at least.

You know how I make sure I get to work on time everyday? It's by setting off with time to spare to account for any delays. Do you know how early I tend to be for interviews... It depends on the journey time, but going over to Manchester recently for one, I was an hour early.

Isn't something that is unforeseeable, by it's very nature something that can't be foreseen? So how can anyone give you a list?

Yes your remedies to avoiding lateness are excellent, and I congratulate you on being the sort of person who has never been late for anything under any circumstances in your life. Except something you didn't foresee of course! ;)

Its under the local MP's remit, so yes thats my advice.

----------

http://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/when-to-contact-your-mp/

When you should contact your local MP

MPs are more able to help you with issues that Parliament or government are responsible for, such as:

Tax (but not council tax as this is set and paid to your local authority).

Hospitals and the National Health Service (not local social services).

Benefits, pensions, national insurance.

Immigration.

School closures and grants (not day-to-day school problems like governors or the local education authority).

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:36 ----------

http://www.paulblomfield.co.uk/ (MP for sheffield central)

23 people have written to me about the Government’s Welfare Reform and Work Bill. I wanted to share my response more widely:

I’m pleased to have the opportunity to explain the position I took on the Government's Welfare Reform and Work Bill at its initial Parliamentary consideration at Second Reading, when I voted for the Labour amendment against the Bill. I believe passionately in a system of social security where people are properly supported when in need, and contribute as they can afford it through progressive taxation. I am appalled by the Tory demonisation of those on benefits – whether in or out of work – and am particularly opposed to those Tory proposals to reverse the progress made by Labour Governments in tackling child poverty.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:37 ----------

As well as speaking out on the issues that matter to my constituents, a very important responsibility of being an MP is being able to provide help to people in Sheffield Central who have individual problems. Me and my staff will do all we can to help you. Please get in touch if we can help you or if you want to talk to me about an issue you feel strongly about.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:39 ----------

Don't get too practical, pete doesnt like it.:hihi:

Sorry, it's just that I don't have a great deal of confidence in contacting MP's...Been there and done that, and didn't get very far...and wondered why I'd bothered. But of course they're not all the same...Are they?

Now, now TJC1....I don't have a problem with 'practical'...It's just one liners sniping, that irk me somewhat...But that's easily fixed...