Fake benefit claimants in dwp literature

A cut and paste doesn't make you the fountain of all knowledge on the subject?

No, but I for one found it interesting and useful Knowledge.

It's how these sanctions are applied that is the debatable point.

I find the minimum sanction of 4 weeks for even the most minor transgression very harsh. Have you tried living on fresh air for 4 weeks?

Edited by Anna B

Actually...thinking about it...I have had experience of it...But I'm not going into detail on a public forum about it...But suffice to say, they took 4 months to decide on an elligibility issue. Which wasn't actually an issue...All the relevant documentation was provided on the initial claim...But it took them 4 months to decide...And NO back pay!!!

And is this the issue you went to the MP with - no joy.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 14:54 ----------

Move the goalposts?

no, its just a question.

And is this the issue you went to the MP with - no joy.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 14:54 ----------

no, its just a question.

Nope...That issue was entirely unrelated to this discussion. But as you say..Still no joy!

Well (unusually) I can't speak from experience here as it's not happened. But I assume there's some sort of appeals procedure, which you would have to go through. (I assume you mean something you considered unfair of course).

Actually...thinking about it...I have had experience of it...But I'm not going into detail on a public forum about it...But suffice to say, they took 4 months to decide on an elligibility issue. Which wasn't actually an issue...All the relevant documentation was provided on the initial claim...But it took them 4 months to decide...And NO back pay!!!

I understand a lot of sanctions are overturned at appeal, but what a waste of time and money. I'm sure a lot of people find themselves in serious debt and a far worse position to get a job because of it.

I understand a lot of sanctions are overturned at appeal, but what a waste of time and money. I'm sure a lot of people find themselves in serious debt and a far worse position to get a job because of it.

It's the guilty until you prove yourself innocent that's wrong.

Yes by all means sanction people, but give them fair warning. A fair chance to put their case. Not just sanction without bothering to tell them, and the claimant only finding out by a letter dropping through the door, most likely after their allocated payday.

As I said earlier, it's no wonder the jobcentres employ bouncers. People quite rightly get very angry, when they can't feed their children or pay the rent, or whatever.

Re my bold.

The key word here is "some."

It is not all!

I don't have to give you examples and I don't intend to.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 13:57 ----------

Re my bolds.

1. It is not unreasonable if the interviewee has met with events beyond his/her control that cause delay.

2. By saying "few" can I take it that you will concede that there are some?

You can't think of a single valid excuse then?

Pete has thought of one... Hopefully they'd let you off in such a case.

It's the guilty until you prove yourself innocent that's wrong.

Yes by all means sanction people, but give them fair warning. A fair chance to put their case. Not just sanction without bothering to tell them, and the claimant only finding out by a letter dropping through the door, most likely after their allocated payday.

As I said earlier, it's no wonder the jobcentres employ bouncers. People quite rightly get very angry, when they can't feed their children or pay the rent, or whatever.

this is the point im putting across but you dont seem to be listening. the people who work at the DWP are office monkeys, jobs worths, who get tasks and policies handed down to them. They dont have any power to change the system or change decisions.

go to the top to get things reversed, which would be your MP.

this is the point im putting across but you dont seem to be listening. the people who work at the DWP are office monkeys, jobs worths, who get tasks and policies handed down to them. They dont have any power to change the system or change decisions.

go to the top to get things reversed, which would be your MP.

It's patently not the point you have been labouring...Your point has been get off your arse and get a job...there's loads out there...

Do you seriously think an MP is going to change a whole culture of the office monkeys and what they've obviously been told to do? Yes they might be able to reverse the odd decision...'eventually'...But the edict from government still stands.