Fake benefit claimants in dwp literature

The disabled which I'm one are just as responsible as anyone else in this life. But life sometimes doesn't work out like a fairy tale that is the DWP world. What do I know about responsibility well I was a soldier for ten years then after discharged worked in many places before having a work accident . As for these crazy sanctions which are freely given out to all and sundry the rules are there to be bent especially to save to money.

well i think you deserve respect for serving your country. As do all disabled people.

My comment was more about turning up on time and the responsibilities relating to a claim. on the claimants side.

and what to do if sanctions are unfair.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 11:26 ----------

The point is that it's perfectly reasonable to sanction people for being late. If something really unusual happens then exceptions should be made, but we all know that those are the exception, not the rule.

its reasonable. I think what pete is saying is the DWP sanction to save money.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 11:28 ----------

If you're late to a business meeting you may lose the job, or the contract or whatever. If you're late to sign on you may get sanctioned. Solution: don't be late. Be there early.

be early. And dont moan about it. Im sure these advisors have a lot of people to see, meetings run over.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 11:32 ----------

I'm saying there is an agenda within the DWP to sanction at any and every opportunity, lateness being just one of a long list of them. If you can't see that, then you're either blinkered or plainly not in touch with reality.

the agenda is more or less in publication.

the fact remains if you turn up on time and do what is asked, you wont get sanctioned.

Anyone mentioned the fact that many people have been sanctioned for appointments they did not know about? i.e. the letter informing them of the appointment arrived after the appointment, or, not at all. Is that acceptable?

Good luck with that one!

I've come to the conclusion that you will need a hammer and chisel to knock it into some on here.

Easy way to avoid the dwp system. Get a job. And

If you are consistently late for work you lose that job.

The government have no obligation to treat unemployed any differently to those in employment.

They should treat people with respect clearly making somone wait for an hour is disrespectful. They could have informed the chap that he would need to wait and suggested that he looked through the online jobsearch to apply for anything suitable but they did not.

This is just a process of humiliation. There is no justification for it. no wonder people get disheartened and depressed.

200 applicants per job. and in the jobs today section of The Sheffield Star i saw a job that turned out to be three days past the deadline for applications. It was there again this week when I looked again.

Anyone mentioned the fact that many people have been sanctioned for appointments they did not know about? i.e. the letter informing them of the appointment arrived after the appointment, or, not at all. Is that acceptable?

No, clearly it isn't.

I haven't argued that they aren't looking for excuses to sanction, they might well be.

It just happened that the example picked ages ago is actually a valid reason to sanction people.

---------- Post added 24-08-2015 at 08:06 ----------

They should treat people with respect clearly making somone wait for an hour is disrespectful. They could have informed the chap that he would need to wait and suggested that he looked through the online jobsearch to apply for anything suitable but they did not.

This is just a process of humiliation. There is no justification for it. no wonder people get disheartened and depressed.

200 applicants per job. and in the jobs today section of The Sheffield Star i saw a job that turned out to be three days past the deadline for applications. It was there again this week when I looked again.

You've no idea what they did or didn't tell him... But that said, I've had to wait at the GPs before, nobody came out and told me anything, I just waited. I didn't feel humiliated and I didn't turn up late for my appointment.

She didnt mention details. Just that he had to wait.

She didnt mention details. Just that he had to wait.

Re my bold.

Making assumptions again! How unlike you. ;)

How much more detail would you have preferred?

---------- Post added 24-08-2015 at 13:14 ----------

No, clearly it isn't.

I haven't argued that they aren't looking for excuses to sanction, they might well be.

It just happened that the example picked ages ago is actually a valid reason to sanction people.

---------- Post added 24-08-2015 at 08:06 ----------

You've no idea what they did or didn't tell him... But that said, I've had to wait at the GPs before, nobody came out and told me anything, I just waited. I didn't feel humiliated and I didn't turn up late for my appointment.

Re my bold.

Nice work Sherlock! ;)