Fake benefit claimants in dwp literature

There's a million and one perfectly justifiable reasons why someone might be late. Everything in life isn't just black and white.

I'm sure a justifiable reason the first time would be considered, but if your weekly money depended on it, you'd have to be there - a bit like having a job!!

People doing the 'interviewing' (although, that term particularly irks me), often keep their 'clients' waiting for a lot more than 5 minutes. Sometimes up to half an hour or more.

That's presumably because some people are late. But - they are getting free money from the rest of us, so perhaps they should have to wait around a little - a bit like someone who works. There's quite often a lot of waiting around for customers. And it's not as if they've got something else to do.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 10:02 ----------

If I remember correctly, I think it was a managers application, but try any of them! (if you have an hour to waste)

I haven't, but if I didn't have a job, then perhaps I would.

When you have nothing else to do, why would you ever be five minutes late?

And given that the people doing the interviews are paid, can you add up all the five minutes across the country and the year and estimate how much money that wastes?

My son (who is now employed) had an experience last year when he was a claimant. I'm interested in your opinion of what happened to him.

He turned up 10 minutes early for his appointment and waited. Then he waited some more...and some more...and finally his name was called for the interview to begin. An hour had passed!

What do you think would have happened if he had been the one 50 minutes late?

He could...and would...have been job hunting during that time.

The system is designed to be punitive and is manifestly unfair.

My son (who is now employed) had an experience last year when he was a claimant. I'm interested in your opinion of what happened to him.

He turned up 10 minutes early for his appointment and waited. Then he waited some more...and some more...and finally his name was called for the interview to begin. An hour had passed!

What do you think would have happened if he had been the one 50 minutes late?

He could...and would...have been job hunting during that time.

The system is designed to be punitive and is manifestly unfair.

Easy way to avoid the dwp system. Get a job. And

If you are consistently late for work you lose that job.

The government have no obligation to treat unemployed any differently to those in employment.

I'm sure a justifiable reason the first time would be considered, but if your weekly money depended on it, you'd have to be there - a bit like having a job!!

No. If you're late then that's it. You're sanctioned. They must be following 'rules', and seen to be following rules that are designed to exclude claimants at any and every opportunity.

They also frequently change the times, and rooms you have to attend. Not for any particular reason that I can figure out, apart from simply confusing people, who 'maybe' aren't too sharp, and even those who are! It's all designed to give them an excuse to sanction.

That's presumably because some people are late. But - they are getting free money from the rest of us, so perhaps they should have to wait around a little - a bit like someone who works. There's quite often a lot of waiting around for customers. And it's not as if they've got something else to do.

Do you seriously in your wildest dreams, think that a late claimant does so on purpose?

Perhaps looking for a job might be more constructive than being kept hanging about waiting to be 'interviewed' might be more productive?

I haven't, but if I didn't have a job, then perhaps I would.

I posted that link demonstrating the complexity of on-line applications in answer to someone who said, simply cut and paste from your CV into the on-line form. Clearly, it's not that simple.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 10:32 ----------

I don't understand, it's an application form. How else should they determine who to employ?

Oh dear...I posted that link in answer to someone who said it would be easy to simply cut and paste from your CV into the online application forms. Clearly, you can't do that.

Try to keep up! ;)

They also frequently change the times, and rooms you have to attend. Not for any particular reason that I can figure out, apart from simply confusing people, who 'maybe' aren't too sharp, and even those who are! It's all designed to give them an excuse to sanction.

Can I bring up the boring subject of evidence to support your position?

Can I bring up the boring subject of evidence to support your position?

First hand knowledge. My partner has experienced it. They regularly change times and rooms and team colours. Yes they put you in the blue team, or the red team or whatever, and then swap them about. It's really confusing, even for someone who's pretty savvy. She now insists that whoever she see's (and that changes too) writes down the date, time, room and team colour she's in when she next has to attend. Then she has it in writing.

First hand knowledge. My partner has experienced it. They regularly change times and rooms and team colours. Yes they put you in the blue team, or the red team or whatever, and then swap them about. It's really confusing, even for someone who's pretty savvy. She now insists that whoever she see's (and that changes too) writes down the date, time, room and team colour she's in when she next has to attend. Then she has it in writing.

How does that justify your position that "It's all designed to give them an excuse to sanction"?

That's quite good training for a real job then actually.

How does that justify your position that "It's all designed to give them an excuse to sanction"?

It's not that difficult a concept to figure out...Think about it.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 10:52 ----------

That's quite good training for a real job then actually.

Why? She'd much prefer a real job. It's hardly going to add to her skillset is it?