Fake benefit claimants in dwp literature

Now if you're wanting a link to some evidence, I'm afraid I can't provide that.

just do a google search, loads of jobs....literally if i had the time today I could pick out 50 jobs in ANY SECTOR and any skill level. From manual to semi-skilled to professional appointment.

I keep seeing jobs advertised in various restaurants and shop windows for all sorts of service jobs, shop assistants, barbers, waiting on staff, assistant manager, managers- they are literally EVERYWHERE! (and im not even trying).

Now if you're wanting a link to some evidence, I'm afraid I can't provide that. All I know is from personal experience. I don't expect you or anyone else to believe me, not without some kind of link categorically reflecting my experience. That's the way of SF unfortunately. Automatic disbelief unless you see something on a website.

So don't make claims you cannot substantiate.

You can 'choose' not to believe there's an agenda to sanction people or not. Without a whistle-blower to hand, nobody can prove it one way or the other. All I know is my experience of how they work the system of signing on, and I fail to find a plausible explanation of why they constantly swap times and colours (teams) and rooms, if only to confuse people.

what are the reasons for sanctions? in your personal experience. genuine question.

Its your obligation and duty to turn up on time and do whats required to get their benefits. Or do the unemployed / disabled have no responsibility?

Of course it is, and my OH hasn't been late...ever...So it's not a problem for her or me...However, there might be a day when for some godforsaken reason she is unavoidably delayed, or can't get there (job interview maybe?).

Oh and I found this little snippet about 'fake' agency jobs on the MSE forum.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3222932

Because....he had to wait around for a while for an appointment, what else has he got to do? (to be frank).

thats life...if I bleated on about the hundreds of issues ive had this year with this and that it would make your head spin.

lifes not always fair is it?:loopy:

Look for work!

You are trying to defend that which is indefensible...but don't let me keep you.

Presumably earlier people had turned up late, or appointments had overrun.

Now he's got a job, what would happen if he turned up late everyday?

The point is that HE was on time, which is what he needed to be. It's pretty irrelevant that the staff member was delayed, they aren't the ones who are required to be there on time.

It is far from "irrelevant!"

Treating people with respect is important! If you don't have respect then you can't ever hope to receive it. Whatever the reasons for the delay in his interview you might have thought that someone would have had the common courtesy to explain the delay rather than just keep him waiting.

You seem that eager to defend the current vogue for demonising all claimants that you overlook disrespect!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32032560

Edited by Lotusflower
Addition of link.

Of course it is, and my OH hasn't been late...ever...So it's not a problem for her or me...However, there might be a day when for some godforsaken reason she is unavoidably delayed, or can't get there (job interview maybe?).

Oh and I found this little snippet about 'fake' agency jobs on the MSE forum.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3222932

recruitment companies (some) do post jobs or leave expired jobs up. I know this because I know some consultants!

however, many dont. And there is lots of other ways to find employment. I've just listed 5 or 6 ways. Will list more:

Ask contacts e.g. twitter, facebook, phone contacts, hotmail, gmail....

Ask friends and family

look in shop windows / cafes / restaurants

Ask in person at premises

go through a recruitment agency

go through a temping agency and temp

use DWP services

use online job boards

find a company you really like and phone / email them

create an online portfolio or website showcasing your skills

sell on ebay

start any other business - here's 962 business ideas to start

heres 30 business ideas you can start with peanuts