Channel 4 News gone to the dogs

Do you have any evidence to refute it?

Do you have evidence to prove it,?

So lets get this straight, you are saying "that people who have more money are better than those with little" ....thats staggeringly arrogant

and then you made the statement...........

"There is nothing wrong with going to gay clubs, you should be less judgemental."

but are you not being judgemental saying that people with a lot of money are better than those with no money.???

Edited by banjodeano

Do you have evidence to prove it,?

So lets get this straight, you are saying "that people who have more money are better than those with little" ....thats staggeringly arrogant

and then you made the statement...........

"There is nothing wrong with going to gay clubs, you should be less judgemental."

but are you not being judgemental saying that people with a lot of money are better than those with no money.???

Will you answer me question?

Those with more money contribute more to society than those with less money, this provides a very good foundation for the claim that they are better people. Where is your evidence to refute this claim.

Also, judging people on their sexuality is illegal, judging people on their income is not. The response to this will probably be "my friend is gay so I'm not judging", or possibly even the home run of "I am a gay!".

Will you answer me question?

Those with more money contribute more to society than those with less money, this provides a very good foundation for the claim that they are better people. Where is your evidence to refute this claim.

Also, judging people on their sexuality is illegal, judging people on their income is not. The response to this will probably be "my friend is gay so I'm not judging", or possibly even the home run of "I am a gay!".

Judging people on their sexuality isn't illegal. It would be prejudiced, yes. It would be illegal, for example, if it was proven that a gay person was denied a job or housing because of their sexual orientation.

And just because someone contributes more in taxes, doesn't necessarily make them better people. Taking this argument to its logical extreme, as the ex chair of the Young Tories did, led Tom Burnsall to conclude that 'the unemployed should not be allowed to vote'

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/04/tom-bursnall-should-unemployed-have-vote/ Dangerous and stupid suggestion.

Someone could earn £250,000 a year as a derivatives banker and be a complete ****, whereas someone could earn £10,000 a year as a conservation worker and be a nice person

Edited by Mister M

Judging people on their sexuality isn't illegal. It would be prejudiced, yes. It would be illegal, for example, if it was proven that a gay person was denied a job or housing because of their sexual orientation.

And just because someone contributes more in taxes, doesn't necessarily make them better people. Taking this argument to its logical extreme, as the ex chair of the Young Tories did, led Tom Burnsall to conclude that 'the unemployed should not be allowed to vote'

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/04/tom-bursnall-should-unemployed-have-vote/ Dangerous and stupid suggestion.

No rule is correct 100% of the time, so there will be some exceptions to the rule obviously. In the majority of cases, people who earn good money are better people than those who earn less or don't earn anything at all. The more you contribute to society, the better person you are.

You are not taking the argument to its logical extreme, you are creating an absurd straw man argument in an attempt to discredit my statement. I said nothing about voting.

No rule is correct 100% of the time, so there will be some exceptions to the rule obviously. In the majority of cases, people who earn good money are better people than those who earn less or don't earn anything at all. The more you contribute to society, the better person you are.

You are not taking the argument to its logical extreme, you are creating an absurd straw man argument in an attempt to discredit my statement. I said nothing about voting.

In what way are they "better"? This a genuine question, I am very curious to know the answer. Is it just the fact that they earn more money to contribute what exactly to society? If it's just money that they are contributing you are discounting so many other things that people with less money contribute. One example of this is unpaid carers, another is volunteers.

What makes you better than poorer people?

In what way are they "better"? This a genuine question, I am very curious to know the answer. Is it just the fact that they earn more money to contribute what exactly to society? If it's just money that they are contributing you are discounting so many other things that people with less money contribute. One example of this is unpaid carers, another is volunteers.

What makes you better than poorer people?

They are better because they contribute more to society. Allow us to have an nhs, free education, a welfare state and many other amazing things.

Volunteering does indeed increase your value as a human. As a person who regularly volunteers for Roundabout here in Sheffield I am glad you pointed that out as people are often ignorant of just how important volunteers are in society.

As I said above, no rule is 100% applicable universally. A volunteer in the top tax bracket is a better person than a volunteer on minimum wage.

As I said above, no rule is 100% applicable universally. A volunteer in the top tax bracket is a better person than a volunteer on minimum wage.

Why? How does having more money make you a better person? Are you nicer, kinder, more generous? If it's just more money then I can think of a quite a few people who are better than me, Donald Trump for one, George Osborne, Tony Blair, Prince Charles, the list is endless. According to you, paying more tax somehow makes you a better person. Percentage wise a person on minimum wage may well donate more money via charities than you do through taxes.

Your whole argument is based on money.

Why? How does having more money make you a better person? Are you nicer, kinder, more generous? If it's just more money then I can think of a quite a few people who are better than me, Donald Trump for one, George Osborne, Tony Blair, Prince Charles, the list is endless. According to you, paying more tax somehow makes you a better person. Percentage wise a person on minimum wage may well donate more money via charities than you do through taxes.

Your whole argument is based on money.

Why would you ask me how is makes people a better person and then later on explain why I think it does, you have answered your own question.

Society doesn't run on percentages, it runs on money. You can't build a hospital with percentages.

They are better because they contribute more to society. Allow us to have an nhs, free education, a welfare state and many other amazing things.

Volunteering does indeed increase your value as a human. As a person who regularly volunteers for Roundabout here in Sheffield I am glad you pointed that out as people are often ignorant of just how important volunteers are in society.

I really don't get where you're coming from. You say that people who earn more money are more virtuous or better. You said that you are a high earner, and are therefore a better person. Yet you also claim that you volunteer for Sheffield Roundabout, a charity which exists for some of the most vulnerable young people in Sheffield - care leavers, homeless, many with mental health problems or learning difficulties. How do they feel that they are being supported by someone who feels that he is better than them because he claims he earns more money than their parents or they may ever earn?