Disused Railway Stations Around Sheffield

Last year when on a very rare occasion using the train to get to Scunthorpe the train just before reaching Meadowhall went though what looked like a disused train station. As the train went past at speed only caught a glace of it , the platforms were still intact but no buildings as such. Having a interest in abandoned places it would make a interesting photo . What was this station name and is their a good view point to photo it without trespassing on it, are their anymore such stations that I can turn my camera on ?

Is Attercliffe Road station at Norfolk Bridge still there?
There isn't much left of it now. There is a Wikipedia article about the station, also one about Brightside Station. Here is an old railway map showing all the local railways as they were in the 1920s, a little later than the map included in the two articles. This 1950s map shows the location of Brightside station; the footbridge remains open and allows a good view of the former station.

I remember, with a smile, the time in August 1964 when I had a 7-day "holiday runabout" ticket. Like all tickets it had to be given up on expiry, and on the last day of validity I got off a train at Victoria Station at about 9-15 p.m.. The ticket collector was going to keep the ticket, but I told him "I live near Brightside Station, and so I'll use the ticket to go home on the 10 o'clock train". "Brightside?" came the surprised reply, but there was indeed a 10 p.m. slow train to Leeds that stopped at Brightside. But I got the bus home to Hillsborough and I still have the ticket..:)

Edited by hillsbro

Last year when on a very rare occasion using the train to get to Scunthorpe the train just before reaching Meadowhall went though what looked like a disused train station. As the train went past at speed only caught a glace of it , the platforms were still intact but no buildings as such. Having a interest in abandoned places it would make a interesting photo . What was this station name and is their a good view point to photo it without trespassing on it, are their anymore such stations that I can turn my camera on ?

Try masbrough veiw from corantion bride always spotters on there