Plugging in freezer straight away

upright means the right way up. the way it is designed to operate. if the compressor is upright (the right way up) it isn't likely to be a problem.

OK- so read my post #4 as:

"On its side" is no good for an "on its foot" (chest) freezer, just as "on its back" is no good for "on its foot" (upright) freezer.

No just leave for 2 hours but like i said no idea what position it was in on transit

If it was delivered by a large company, it is likely that it would have been stood upright in the vehicle, just tilted whilst been carried indoors, it should be ok, but will your food be ok if you leave it to defrost and stand upright for 4 hrs plus.

OK- so read my post #4 as:

"On its side" is no good for an "on its foot" (chest) freezer, just as "on its back" is no good for "on its foot" (upright) freezer.

you clearly have too much time on your hands whereas i'm trying to help. which way would be upright for a ship? would that be stood on its end or floating the right way up?

you clearly have too much time on your hands whereas i'm trying to help. which way would be upright for a ship? would that be stood on its end or floating the right way up?

We're both trying to help. That's why I corrected my earlier (possibly-misleading) post.

Whereas a ship? How does that help OP?

The problem is that the oil causes a blockage in the pipes. If it's frozen the food and there are no problems and no odd noises then I don't think there is going to be an issue - I'd personally leave it running and remember not to do it again if you ever move house.