Charles Edward Billard

Hi,

Im searching for the brothers and sisters of Charles Billard.I believe he was one of nine!

He was killed in WW2 on the 3rd March 1945 and is buried in Reichswald Cemetery in Germany.

I am married to one of his Grandsons Neil Cooper.Neil and his family have lived in walkley all their lives as I believe Charlie did.He was married to Hilda Pheasey.

Any info would be great.

Jacqueline

Really?

Do you know any of them?

Would like to know what happened to all his brothers and sisters. App there's someone who moved to Australia but then came back and settled in Oughtibridge.i just have no idea on names etc. Neil's mum and brother hardly knew Charlie, so it would be nice to find something about their paternal family.

Hi Jaxi-Cooper - welcome to the Forum! :) I imagine you have birth details of all the 9 children; if not I can give (from public records) the names and the quarter-years when they were born, from Arthur A. Billard (born Jan-Mar 1916) to Ronald (Apr-Jun 1939). It might be possible to find marriage records, children etc. For example, Clara Billard, born 1922, is likely to be the Clara Billard who married a William H. Hobson in Sheffield in 1941; possible children are Patricia A., Valerie, Rosanna E. and Eleanor E., born 1943-58. A Rosanna E. Hobson married an Andrew V. Bisby in Sheffield in 1988.

Hi,

Wow, can't believe how much info you have already .

I actually only found out yesterday that he was one of nine.

Hilda re-married after Charles died and lost contact with all the Billards.

I don't know any birth dates or anything so I would be very grateful for anything you can find out for me .

Thank you so much already .

Hi,

Wow, can't believe how much info you have already .

I actually only found out yesterday that he was one of nine.

Hilda re-married after Charles died and lost contact with all the Billards.

I don't know any birth dates or anything so I would be very grateful for anything you can find out for me .

Thank you so much already.

Hi - I'll send you the information that is publicly available from birth & marriage indexes by "private message". :)

Thankyou,very appreciated . That's very kind of you. ?

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 21:27 ----------

Hi Hillsbro,

My private e-mail won't open?? Any ideas why? I'm new to all this.

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 21:40 ----------

Thanks Hillsbro I've read the e-mail,(took me a while to figure it out! Haha)

I would be very grateful if you could find out more info when you have time .

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again for what u have found out already today.

Really?

Do you know any of them?

Would like to know what happened to all his brothers and sisters. App there's someone who moved to Australia but then came back and settled in Oughtibridge.i just have no idea on names etc. Neil's mum and brother hardly knew Charlie, so it would be nice to find something about their paternal family.

Ah Don Billard was a pigeon fancier went in lane top club by b

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Im searching for the brothers and sisters of Charles Billard.I believe he was one of nine!

He was killed in WW2 on the 3rd March 1945 and is buried in Reichswald Cemetery in Germany.

I am married to one of his Grandsons Neil Cooper.Neil and his family have lived in walkley all their lives as I believe Charlie did.He was married to Hilda Pheasey.

Any info would be great.

Jacqueline

Hi Charles is my husband's uncle.James was my husband's dad who was Charles's brother.I think there are still 2 brothers living.

Is Barbara your mother in law?

Edited by Les54
to ask a question