I can't find a job in this city

Mkop

We must all have sympathies with the OP

He (she) must feel conned having accrued a large debt with no job on the horizon.

It's a lesson for any potential students starting this Academic Year to avoid any degree course with 'Studies' attached to the award.

Degrees have been so devalued over the last 30 years so, unfortunately, young people end up in serious debt with a crap degree and no hope of 'proper' employment

Advice to the OP - take any job,absolutely any job,in the interim.

Totally spot on

OP - you have missed the boat for this year for graduate places with companies that have a specific graduate intake but you probably know that anyway.

You need to demonstrate that your degree gives you the advantage over other applicants who may have A levels/BTECs/NVQs etc..

You may have to take a job which a grad wouldn't normally do but you can use that as a stepping stone.

Its easier to find a job if you are in a job already.

I've just searched on the Hospitals and Uni sites and there are a few admin/support jobs on there.

The Uni and hospital are 2 of the biggest employees in Sheffield and in my experience and always looking for staff.

Have you searched for Educational posts? (not teaching but support staff in schools)

SCC and surrounding LA's?

I can't stand people who whinge about not being able to find a job - 'nothing out there...' - what an utter load of tosh.

I finished university years ago now, whilst I was studying IT there I was a cleaner in a steel factory and worked evenings in an off-licence. When I left, the steel factory gave me a full time job delivery driving and doing general maintenance. During this I got myself on the books with 13 employment agencies and then left and started doing temp contract work in IT companies through them, shortly after one of the IT companies offered me a permanent position and my career has taken on from there...

Your story is similar to mine. After college and a few years of IT I couldn't get an IT job because of lack of experience. I needed money so took a job labouring at an engineering firm.

They soon recognised I was good with computers and pretty soon I was managing all the computers in the firm and programming the CNC lathes.

That lasted several years at various companies, moving up to shift supervisor roles until I finally got a break in IT proper and I'm sat in a suit behind a desk computering. :)

Your story is similar to mine. After college and a few years of IT I couldn't get an IT job because of lack of experience. I needed money so took a job labouring at an engineering firm.

They soon recognised I was good with computers and pretty soon I was managing all the computers in the firm and programming the CNC lathes.

That lasted several years at various companies, moving up to shift supervisor roles until I finally got a break in IT proper and I'm sat in a suit behind a desk computering. :)

It was all sounding great until you ended up sat behind a computer in a suit :-)

The engineering experience gave me a big boost when I applied to the GTP programme to train to be a teacher, and helped me become a CDT teacher. At the time it didn't seem like the "right" career move but it certainly paid off and I don't regret it (didn't like 12 hour nights though).