I can't find a job in this city

Mkop

Perfect for graduate schemes, which big employers have you applied to join?

Gotta admit I haven't really applied for any graduate schemes they are all super competitive and most of them are based in the south of England

Unless youve a good 2.1 or first and good A levels and solid work exp background dont waste time with grad schemes.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 12:57 ----------

Plus the grad process takes months and you are too late for it now.

In other words no skills at all,ever thought of training for a proper job, brick layers are on over one hundred pounds a day plasterers about the same but they both involve actual work.

Can't find employers that are willing to take on trainees, if I could find them then obviously I would apply

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 13:01 ----------

Unless youve a good 2.1 or first and good A levels and solid work exp background dont waste time with grad schemes.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 12:57 ----------

Plus the grad process takes months and you are too late for it now.

I agree with you many of people I know with degrees work in places like call centers, Retail and low level admin jobs

Can't find employers that are willing to take on trainees, if I could find them then obviously I would apply

I agree with you many of people I know with degrees work in places like call centers, Retail and low level admin jobs

Dude I was in exacly your position a few years back. Try temping for one of the bigger companies. When a perm job comes available you are in prime position and will at least get an interview For a grad level job.

Its hard but dont give up hope.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 13:16 ----------

PMed you fella. I have a contact for you.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 13:22 ----------

Let me know how you got on..good luck.

Having a degree makes very little difference to anything. I have no further education, pretty rubbish GCSEs (had a terrible attitude at school), got a temp job and now I have contract employment at the same place surrounded by overly educated middle class people who are in loads of debt.

Just go round the agencies and keep trying, you'll land on your feet eventually if you are remotely articulate and IT literate.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 13:29 ----------

And can get up in the morning!

Yip - that's how it goes. You have to do your time in the base level jobs before you're worth anything in employment world

Gotta admit I haven't really applied for any graduate schemes they are all super competitive and most of them are based in the south of England

I'd say that you're missing a trick then. Graduate work is what you want, really, so get applying (they're not all based in the south either, take Boots for example, headquarters are in Notts).

Missed the intake - both closed. You start applying from about Feb. And he doesnt have the min entry requirements.

http://www.tesco-graduates.com/graduate-programmes/marketing/#1806

Salary Range - £26k pa

Eligibility – 320 UCAS Points (or equivalent); 2:1 Degree

Length – 2 Years

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 14:29 ----------

And I guarantee they will look at first class degree grads as a priority.

You need to be a stand out 2:1 to even be considered.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 14:32 ----------

I'd say that you're missing a trick then. Graduate work is what you want, really, so get applying (they're not all based in the south either, take Boots for example, headquarters are in Notts).

https://www.enterprisealive.co.uk/job/management-trainee-east-yorkshire-east-yorkshire/

here's one that doesnt require a 2:1. Or they dont specify.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 14:36 ----------

here's some with business related.

actuary: http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/graduateopportunities/graduate-jobs.jhtml

this next company work you to fu@km especially round end of tax year, but I know someone who got onto the scheme, without an accountancy degree:

http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/careers/students.html

again you prob need good grades to be considered for anything decent.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 14:38 ----------

so when people say 'theres no jobs' its clearly BS. They just dont have the skills / qualifications is what they are really saying.

employers are crying out for skilled people.

Having a degree makes very little difference to anything. I have no further education, pretty rubbish GCSEs (had a terrible attitude at school), got a temp job and now I have contract employment at the same place surrounded by overly educated middle class people who are in loads of debt.

Just go round the agencies and keep trying, you'll land on your feet eventually if you are remotely articulate and IT literate.

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 13:29 ----------

And can get up in the morning!

There are plenty of employers that won't touch you if you don't have a relevant degree or a decade of experience. To claim that it doesn't matter is just simply wrong.

It's possible to get into most careers without a degree (most not all), but it's often a lot easier with a degree.