I can't find a job in this city

Mkop

You said you have communication skills so why not go for sales. Just to add, jobs are out there, you just need to look and keep trying. I was getting turned down for jobs but did five weeks "Work Experience" and ended up with a job. You don't get it handed to you without trying.

We must all have sympathies with the OP

He (she) must feel conned having accrued a large debt with no job on the horizon.

It's a lesson for any potential students starting this Academic Year to avoid any degree course with 'Studies' attached to the award.

Degrees have been so devalued over the last 30 years so, unfortunately, young people end up in serious debt with a crap degree and no hope of 'proper' employment

Advice to the OP - take any job,absolutely any job,in the interim.

Masters usually require a 2:1.

Or experience in field. OP has neither.

Looks like the OP needs experience. Get on the bottom rung like you say. Up to the OP isnt it.

Luckily I did my Masters with a 2:2. Opened up a lot of opportunities that I wouldn't have otherwise had. I messed up my 3rd year and had a point to prove! It's possible. X

OP seems to have vanished but if they really want any job, what's wrong with sales? Think they are too picky without any work experience and it would be the same whichever town or city they went to

This seems to be a common theme for those that claim "there's no jobs". Your average "Kev of 't Manor" seems to think that a job means walking into a senior, highly paid position despite leaving school with nothing but a black eye.

OP seems to have vanished but if they really want any job, what's wrong with sales? Think they are too picky without any work experience and it would be the same whichever town or city they went to

maybe they are just having a lie in and while there has been many positive comments, the general trend of the thread has been rather negative.

if the outcome of all your applications is nothing but rejection then you can end up feeling a bit sorry for yourself and I doubt reading some of the comments in this thread has really done anything to improve their mood.

while i've lived here for over 30 years, i've only actually worked in sheffield for about 4 of those years, the rest of the time i've commuted to places such as unstone, barnsley, doncaster, wakefield and, currently, the edge of leeds.

i've no idea how mobile the op is, but there is fairly large area which is commutable by either public transport or by car or both (which is always a good thing). so, you can use sheffield as a base, which despite all the moaners, is actually a pretty good place to live and work elsewhere.

Luckily I did my Masters with a 2:2. Opened up a lot of opportunities that I wouldn't have otherwise had. I messed up my 3rd year and had a point to prove! It's possible. X

did you work during the 12 months too?

It's vitally important for graduates to get some (any) sort of work experience. It shows that you have initiative and can turn up on time, which believe me, a lot of graduates cannot.

Get a bar job or something in retail or call centres while looking for a job suited to your degree.

It's vitally important for graduates to get some (any) sort of work experience. It shows that you have initiative and can turn up on time, which believe me, a lot of graduates cannot.

Get a bar job or something in retail or call centres while looking for a job suited to your degree.

Spot on could not agree more.

Many a graduate I have worked with have no idea about working life when they start but they learn and are better for it when they leave for their chosen career.