Sheffield Bus Partnership update

The new timetable for the 35 (replacing 35/36/37) is finally available and... is somewhat confusing.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=17179873294

If I'm reading this correctly the service only runs every 30 minutes between the city centre and Sandstone Road, but Jenkin Road, Meadowhall and all the rest of the route are hourly only, so anyone who lives on Jenkin Road have to walk to the top of the hill if they want to catch the bus more than once an hour? Or if like me you get the tram to Meadowhall from work there is an hour's wait (or 50 minutes in my case) to look forward to?

I wonder what route the Town to Herdings will take, was 47 now it's going to be 56, I hope it's not going to go round the houses before it get up to us on the valley.

The new 56 timetable leaflet can be downloaded here: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=17179873270

route City-Herdings is: Sheffield Haymarket > Sheffield Interchange >Pond Street > Furnival Street > Charter Row >

Cumberland Street > Highfield Shoreham Street > Lowfield > Heeley > Prospect Road > Richards Road > Gleadless Road > Newfield Green > Gleadless Valley > Leighton Road > Herdings, Raeburn Road

Edited by Andy C

Thanks Andy

Cant say I'm impressed.

If I'm reading it right the replacement to the 87 the 86 is only running every half hour in the day it currently runs every 10 mins!

Given their drivers seem to be allergic to stopping at bus stops to pick up passengers it's not a great loss.

(First I'll forgive on the occasion when the driver's view was obstructed by other buses having to stop in the road because car drivers have parked in the bus stop)

Given their drivers seem to be allergic to stopping at bus stops to pick up passengers it's not a great loss.

(First I'll forgive on the occasion when the driver's view was obstructed by other buses having to stop in the road because car drivers have parked in the bus stop)

If it's the stop at the bottom of London rd outside the scholar/hermage then I agree it's a nightmare when more than one bus turns up have had to wave in the middle of the road like something demented to stop it several times!

cutbacks to late evening services seem to be something of a theme...

Just looking at the 25/75/76.

Currently last 76 to Lowedges departs High Street at 23:52. On the new timetable it is 23:03 - much earlier.

Currently last 75 to Batemoor departs High Street at 23:27. On the new timetable it is 23:33 - so about the same.

Currently on the 75/76 each route runs every 30 minutes up to the last 75, co-ordinated to provide buses to Woodseats every 15 minutes. On the new timetable they run once an hour after 10pm, co-ordinated to every 30 minutes as far as Woodseats.

The new route 25 from 9pm runs once an hour from Arundel Gate to Bradway with the last bus leaving at 23:03. This is expected to be co-ordinated with new route 24 but that timetable hasn't been published anywhere yet. The 24/25 replaces 25/25A/53.

Edited by Andy C

If it's the stop at the bottom of London rd outside the scholar/hermage then I agree it's a nightmare when more than one bus turns up have had to wave in the middle of the road like something demented to stop it several times!

Ha!

No. Two different stops. One served only by SC and bus sailed past when I stooped to pick up my bags - the other sailed past after I signalled the driver.