Sheffield Bus Partnership update

Thanks Andy

Cant say I'm impressed.

If I'm reading it right the replacement to the 87 the 86 is only running every half hour in the day it currently runs every 10 mins!

It does, although it runs a coordinated timetable with the 85 to offer a bus every 15 minutes on common sections of route, the common section being Owlerton-City-Abbeydale Rd-Millhouses-Beauchief. Then the 85 goes to Chancet Wood and the 86 goes to Lowedges.

Edited by Andy C

Looks like stagecoach have cut back a fair bit they have also pulled the 83 route altogether and given it to First.

I remember them promoting that route quite heavily a few years back.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 11:42 ----------

Won't be renewing my stagecoach monthly smart any more might as well get one of the new all operator tickets

Looks like stagecoach have cut back a fair bit they have also pulled the 83 route altogether and given it to First.

I remember them promoting that route quite heavily a few years back.

---------- Post added 24-09-2015 at 11:42 ----------

Won't be renewing my stagecoach monthly smart any more might as well get one of the new all operator tickets

Kind of. Bit of juggling going on.

The current 83 to Millhouses is replaced by the First 82 being extended to Millhouses. The current First 84 to Bents Green via Greystones is replaced by the new First 83. Meanwhile the 83a through to Lodge Moor continues to be operated by Stagecoach.

New line up of buses in the Millhouses area:

TM Travel 4a City-Psalter Lane-Carterknowle Rd-Millhouses Tesco (runs evenings and Sundays only)

TM Travel 6 Darnall-City-Hallamshire Hospital-Hunters Bar-Carterknowle Rd-Millhouses Tesco

First 82 Stannington-City-Ecclesall-Millhouses loop

First 85 High Green-City-Abbeydale Road-Archer Rd-Hutcliffe Wood-Chancet Wood

Stagecoach 86 Chapeltown-City-Abbeydale Road-Archer Rd-Hutcliffe Wood-Greenhill-Lowedges

First 97 Ecclesfield-City-Abbeydale Road-Dore Station-Totley

First 98 Ecclesfileld-City-Abbeydale Road-Dore Station-Totley Brook

TM Travel 218 City-Abbeydale Road-Dore Station-Totley-Baslow-Bakewell

Linburg 505 University-Hallamshire Hospital-Broomhill-Hunters Bar-Carterknowle Rd-Millhouses Tesco (runs peak times only)

Either way the Citybus/Citywide tickets offer that extra flexibility and convenience for a little extra cost so probably not a bad move.

Edited by Andy C

Hi Andy C, from looking at the changes on the website, I'm gathering that the 70 to Dore will definitely stop, and the new 181 will do the Dore - Hallamshire loop during the day. Do we know about the extended 81 yet? It seems mad to stop the Dore bus without putting the replacement into place, if you know what I mean.

As always, forever in your debt...

Edited by angrymumtwo

Hi Andy C, from looking at the changes on the website, I'm gathering that the 70 to Dore will definitely stop, and the new 181 will do the Dore - Hallamshire loop during the day. Do we know about the extended 81 yet? It seems mad to stop the Dore bus without putting the replacement into place, if you know what I mean.

As always, forever in your debt...

The 81 will run Dore-Whirlow-Ecclesall-Banner Cross-Hunters Bar-Ecclesall Road-Moorfoot-City-Hillsborough-Stannington every 20 minutes Mon-Sat daytime, hourly evenings and Sundays. Operated by First.

The 181 will run Dore-Whirlow-Eccesall-Banner Cross-Hallamshire Hospital-University at peak commuter and school times only. This is in addition to the 81. Operated by First.

The M17 will run Dore-Totley Brook-Bradway-Lowedges-Greenhill-Jordanthorpe as it does now. Operated by Hulleys.

Additionally some route 272 buses serving Dore Moor will become route 271 and be diverted via Hallamshire Hospital.

The section of route 70 City-Hunters Bar is also replaced by TM Travel route 6 to Millhouses.

See the guide to changes and frequencies that are available to download here: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/servicechanges/

Timetables will be available on the same link in the next couple of weeks.