We Need a New Striker

1295galaxy

Difference of opinions obviously.

I'm not saying Nuhiu and May are the new Messi and Aguero, but they're no worse than the other 'strikers' we've got.

Like I've said many times before, you don't make it as a professional footballer if you can't play. We'll end up lucky one day, and sign a striker who does set the Championship on fire, but 'til then, we've got what we've got.

Some of Nuhiu's Youtube footage proves he can play. A fair bit of it is surprisingly good. May still needs a Championship kick up the 'arris, but he's not going to improve playing his main games at Middlewood Road.

The service is better now, so CC needs to find his most potent attacking side.

I'm no manager. I don't suppose any of us are. CC is all that matters really, and at the moment, he's about as good as Tudgay was ............ not very.

Early days, plenty of time for improvement from ALL THE SQUAD, and we can only stand and watch.

Picking on individuals is just looking for a scapegoat. We should get better as the players adapt to this league, but time alone will tell if they can adapt quick enough, and well enough.

About 20 active players, and one (active) scapegoat. Not fair really is it?

They're all 'not very good' at the moment.

its not about picking a scapegoat, its about seeing players who are crap, watching the match today he got the ball, his passing was crap, his first touches were crap, he gave the ball away, he ran all over, but ran like a headless chicken......i didnt see that from any others today, hes just not good enough.

the threads about needing a striker, we do

Nuhiu shouldn't play, he loses the ball way too often, is rubbish at holding up despite of his frame and can't finish. Been saying this since last year. We don't need a new striker though, we need May and Lavery to play next to Matias, who, in case nobody noticed, scored a massive goal today.

Are you on the wind-up, Not good enough for swfc.

Alan, do you seriously think May won't/ can't cut it at this level. IMO he hasn't been given a fair shot and I reckon May could be the outlet we need.

seems most fans are saying same Nuihu is not good enuff and I agree !!!! but I also cant see why swfc are playing one upfront ??

really looked like owls was just playing for a draw today

---------- Post added 22-08-2015 at 22:15 ----------

Hooper would be a great addition, and yes what a beautiful goal from Matias !!!

:)Top skill and top goal

seems most fans are saying same Nuihu is not good enuff and I agree !!!! but I also cant see why swfc are playing one upfront ??

really looked like owls was just playing for a draw today

---------- Post added 22-08-2015 at 22:15 ----------

:)Top skill and top goal

I don't mind us playing for a draw in away games, but it is the Reading result that sits bad though, at home we should be dominating teams. Perhaps it will come though, new team, new manager, new owner, new prices...

I don't mind us playing for a draw in away games, but it is the Reading result that sits bad though, at home we should be dominating teams. Perhaps it will come though, new team, new manager, new owner, new prices...

Think it will take around a third of the season before we are firing on all cylinders, we just need to keep picking up the points along the way, like we are doing at the moment and then who knows what will happen.

Alan, do you seriously think May won't/ can't cut it at this level. IMO he hasn't been given a fair shot and I reckon May could be the outlet we need.

DC made a statement he wanted to take the Owls to the next level, and in doing so has decided to do it through a system new to us , a committee. We have had a clear out , brought new players in and we now have players to cover all positions, and now we have to move some out. There has never been a doubt Stevie May put,s a shift in,but i have seen nothing from him that will improve this team, for me he,s too lightweight and not the goalscorer we needed and expected.It,s now even more difficult for him to break into this team and at best he,s going to be used from the bench, and he,s not even getting there. We have shown our intentions of where we want to be going and as player recruitment goes we are now able to look at better players. We may not all share the same view but thats how i see it.