Where's the racket coming from?

When will it end??? I'm shattered. Zero sleep. I wondered if it was in our road as it was so loud (Stannington), thinking that someone's parents were away and the youngsters were having a party....then I wondered if someone had died leaving their music going on a loop...

I really pity the poor folk whose doorstep it's actually on!

I'm guessing that the cops know where the noise is coming from but don't have anything like the resources to deal with the number of people at a rave as well as city center policing on a Saturday night. The police are an emergency service and saving live and limb comes before a rave. Remember that police cuts are coming from central government.

I fully appreciate that they are an emergency service and cuts are biting deep into the services but Saturday night mayhem has done now in city centre. It's 8.45am and it's still going on. You are not telling me that they haven't got enough resource at this moment to stop it!!

We're in Ranmoor and it woke us up here at 2-ish. Did the same as others: took a walk assuming it was somewhere in the district, called 101, told the police were having trouble locating it, been 'enjoying' it ever since. I guess as it can't be too difficult for the police to locate a rave by...errr... following the noise, then the previous poster is probably right that it's a resourcing issue that's preventing them doing anything about it.

Well I work with someone who's partner is a copper in Sheffield. Tomorrow I'm gonna ask them for a coppers standpoint on it all. Smells fishy to me. Unbelievable why they haven't intervened. 8.35am and still going on. Oh I so wish someone cud find who organised this and keep them awake all day after they have finished this gig

There are not enough police officers to deal with emergency demands these days. The same is true for A&E and the ambulance service.

It's not 'fishy' there are simply not enough officers to stop a rave and enforce all the problems in Sheffield city center at the same time. Not to mention trouble in pubs in the suburbs as well.

I do completely understand your frustration though and would feel the same.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

Well I work with someone who's partner is a copper in Sheffield. Tomorrow I'm gonna ask them for a coppers standpoint on it all. Smells fishy to me. Unbelievable why they haven't intervened. 8.35am and still going on. Oh I so wish someone cud find who organised this and keep them awake all day after they have finished this gig

There are not enough police officers to deal with emergency demands these days. The same is true for A&E and the ambulance service.

It's not 'fishy' there are simply not enough officers to stop a rave and enforce all the problems in Sheffield city center at the same time. Not to mention trouble in pubs in the suburbs as well.

There have never been enough police to deal with anything else on a Saturday night. Back in 2003 my girlfriend was burgled on a Saturday evening while she and her house mate were at home, and it took the cops several hours to respond. The guy who came said that there were only 2 of them policing the whole city outside the centre!

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

I think there are more members of this forum searching for the source of the noise than we have police in the whole of South Yorkshire and still the combined resources can't find it, you can't blame the police.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote

Haha the police know exactly where it was. They always attend these parties but only usually to keep an eye on things. Been to many in the past and had a blast every time.

Yes it is obnoxious, yes it could be quieter but Sheffield is in dire need of some magic added to the nightlife and this is it!

Chill out everyone, its not a regular thing.

Maybe find out where the next one is, you may as well make a night of it than being sat at home whingin. Might be good idea to leave the sticks up your arses at home.

It won't be official. It will be organised but people visiting or playing the festival. Makes sense if people say this happens regularly around this time.

But Sharrow festival doesn't normally happen at this time; it was re-arranged due to being rained off earlier in the year