Some people are just scum!

I had such a great day yesterday. Took the family out, had a nice day and on the way back got stopped at a set of traffic lights by a man who said how lovely my car is. I was buzzing when he said 'Hey, very nice car mate'. So i drove home all happy. Now fast forward to this morning i found my car had been keyed all way down the drivers side. Some scum bag has gone onto my property and keyed her!! I hope his bloody hand drops off!

Im truly gutted today.

Sounds like this fella followed you home-a bit of a coincidence if he commented on car and then it is keyed next morning.

If you were not far from home then its likely he tailed you.

I have never understood why people key cars, I had it done twice (both in the Netherlands), once on my very old and scruffy 440, which I minded but wasn't devastated about as it was due to be scrapped anyway, but then it happened on my Twingo which I spent a fortune on to soup up and get it looking the way I wanted. Mindless vandalism that should incur very high fines in my opinion.

Sounds like this fella followed you home-a bit of a coincidence if he commented on car and then it is keyed next morning.

Sounds very unlikely to me.

Sounds very unlikely to me.

I was wearing my Columbo hat when said that- if OP has never had any problem before with car being vandalised, and it happens the day after someone has praised it.

I have in my time probably said 'nice car' twice where I genuinely meant it- one was when I saw an R8 in white and believe the other time was a ferrari.

I have never understood why people key cars, I had it done twice (both in the Netherlands), once on my very old and scruffy 440, which I minded but wasn't devastated about as it was due to be scrapped anyway, but then it happened on my Twingo which I spent a fortune on to soup up and get it looking the way I wanted. Mindless vandalism that should incur very high fines in my opinion.

If you ever tried squeezing a pushchair or wheelchair past a car parked on the pavement or over a drop curb then you'd probably have an idea.

Im pretty sure it wasnt as i was quite a way from home but i forgot to mention in my op that he was crossing the road, my car was at red and the first in the queue and thats how he noticed my car. I think ive just been unlucky and some idiot picked on my car at random. Well thats what im telling myself but as for the bloke? I really doubt it was him.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 13:23 ----------

It's jealousy. Horrible nasty scumbag.

Spot on. I just hope karma catches up with them and they have something they love damaged.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 13:24 ----------

If you ever tried squeezing a pushchair or wheelchair past a car parked on the pavement or over a drop curb then you'd probably have an idea.

I dont see the connection im afraid.

Im pretty sure it wasnt as i was quite a way from home but i forgot to mention in my op that he was crossing the road, my car was at red and the first in the queue and thats how he noticed my car. I think ive just been unlucky and some idiot picked on my car at random. Well thats what im telling myself but as for the bloke? I really doubt it was him.

Oh okay..unless he was The Flash, then yeah, I will rule him out as the culprit.

I was wearing my Columbo hat when said that- if OP has never had any problem before with car being vandalised, and it happens the day after someone has praised it.

I have in my time probably said 'nice car' twice where I genuinely meant it- one was when I saw an R8 in white and believe the other time was a ferrari.

Surely you mean your Columbo coat?