Some people are just scum!

Actually, his Peugeot 403 convertible would be better.

As well as it not mattering (in this condition anyway) the occasional 'keying', if you do have a decent one, they're very rare … around the sixty grand ballpark.

(Sorry for straying from the subject matter Timeh)

No worries mate, i do that all the time lol

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 15:33 ----------

Commiserations to anyone who has their car damaged through mindless vandalism. Quite often the damage repair can be more than the actual worth of the car, so the owner just has to put up with it.

My girlfriend has had her car 'keyed' twice recently (once in a sort of 'stabbing' style, causing small dents), as well as a well aimed foot to a wheel arch, resulting in an unsightly mess to the hitherto unmarked bodywork of a Citroen C3.

To fix the damage properly would result in one side of the car requiring a re-spray, as well as a new body panel … just not worth it, and who's to say it won't happen again?

Sadly, I think the best way to tackle this sort of vandalism is to install cameras on the car … just like the owner of this Aston Martin Vanquish.

You can bet (one way or another … preferably 'the other') it's now only a matter of time before the low life scrote gets his comeuppance.

Speaking of repairs ive been out and got a quote from a good friend whos in the trade. Even with a good deal im looking at the thick end of 400 quid. God im gutted. !!!!

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 15:35 ----------

Perhaps it is the same slime-ball who shot one of my cats with an 8in crossbow bolt last Sunday. Guess what I would like to do to him!!!

Thats horrific. Please tell me your cat survived.

I had such a great day yesterday. Took the family out, had a nice day and on the way back got stopped at a set of traffic lights by a man who said how lovely my car is. I was buzzing when he said 'Hey, very nice car mate'. So i drove home all happy. Now fast forward to this morning i found my car had been keyed all way down the drivers side. Some scum bag has gone onto my property and keyed her!! I hope his bloody hand drops off!

Im truly gutted today.

did he have an american accent...:suspect:

I heard harleyman was in sheffield for a couple of weeks:suspect:

Whos harleyman?

Edit. I think i know who you mean. Hes that bloke whos always trying to troll me and some of my threads?. lol. It may be worth my while grabbing the footage of the bloke from the car camera then.

You never know eh. lol

By the way, thanks for the chuckle. I needed it today.

Edited by Timeh

Perhaps it is the same slime-ball who shot one of my cats with an 8in crossbow bolt last Sunday. Guess what I would like to do to him!!!

Surely attempted murder on a cat, and, a scratched car, aren't on the same level of seriousness?

Apart from the fact that a cat is a living conscious being, deeply loved by his/her owner/s, there's also the fact that studies have shown a very strong connection between youths who torture animals, and them becoming future killers of humans.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 16:36 ----------

If you ever tried squeezing a pushchair or wheelchair past a car parked on the pavement or over a drop curb then you'd probably have an idea.

I dont see the connection im afraid.

If you're confined to a wheelchair, it's very common that you get really annoyed at constantly having to go off/on curb because of a car illegally parked on the pavement. Especially as it can involve risking your life.

If you're one of those wheelchair users afflicted with, say, a degree of self respect and a sense of justice/unfairness, you may be inclined to attempt to squeeze by on the pavement, and, due to the less than adequate space left by the illegally parked driver, the car could very well get scratched.

Doesn't apply to your case though, as you said it was parked on your property. That being the case, it sounds like maybe it was a case of jealousy.

But, in general, a high portion of 'scratchings' are probably more down to people annoyed at cars blocking pavements, than jealousy.

Surely attempted murder on a cat, and, a scratched car, aren't on the same level of seriousness?

Apart from the fact that a cat is a living conscious being, deeply loved by his/her owner/s, there's also the fact that studies have shown a very strong connection between youths who torture animals, and them becoming future killers of humans.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 16:36 ----------

If you're confined to a wheelchair, it's very common that you get really annoyed at constantly having to go off/on curb because of a car illegally parked on the pavement. Especially as it can involve risking your life.

If you're one of those wheelchair users afflicted with, say, a degree of self respect and a sense of justice/unfairness, you may be inclined to attempt to squeeze by on the pavement, and, due to the less than adequate space left by the illegally parked driver, the car could very well get scratched.

Doesn't apply to your case though, as you said it was parked on your property. That being the case, it sounds like maybe it was a case of jealousy.

But, in general, a high portion of 'scratchings' are probably more down to people annoyed at cars blocking pavements, than jealousy.

Seriously, what has any of that got to do with my op. Are you trying to justify whats happened? Serious question.

Seriously, what has any of that got to do with my op. Are you trying to justify whats happened? Serious question.

It wasn't in reply to your op- it was in reply to your question.

The only connection is the scratched car, in your case, probably due to jealousy, in other cases, involving wheelchairs, it could be due to either anger or an expression of disapproval at drivers who abuse disabled people by parking their cars in such a way that wheelchair users are greatly inconvenienced.

Are you trying to justify whats happened? Serious question.

No. If your car was scratched due to jealousy, that's fairly pathetic and, IMO, unjustifiable.