Tackle an armed man

Armed with what?

I was once confronted with a mugger and a small knife. I promptly smacked him with my crash helmet and fled the scene lest he followed - there wasn't much thinking about what to do it was just instinctive.

Meeting a guy with an automatic rifle on a train and no club to hand? I hate to think what I do but I don't think it would have been as effective as those four.

It must be the gung ho training they get in the U.S. :o

Not that I would have time to carefully consider my response using sensible protocols.......

I'd be far too busy trying to stop the floods of tears, terrified screeching and not faint due to there being an actual multi armed gun man near me to bother with any of that. :hihi:

Whatever it was, training, stupidity, bravery (imo it's plain bravery) there are a few people wandering around today that have good reason to thank these guys.

Hats off.

One of them said this morning on the news that, they beat him until he was unconscious. I guess he was just in the wrong carriage with the wrong 'Joe Public' to hand. It makes a pleasant change for the tables to be turned.

Although I understand 'his solicitor' is claiming he simply 'found' an abandoned case in a park, and just took it. Perfectly plausible isn't it? :suspect:

One of them said this morning on the news that, they beat him until he was unconscious. I guess he was just in the wrong carriage with the wrong 'Joe Public' to hand. It makes a pleasant change for the tables to be turned.

Although I understand 'his solicitor' is claiming he simply 'found' an abandoned case in a park, and just took it. Perfectly plausible isn't it? :suspect:

Hadn't he already shot someone? So he took the case then slipped and fell on it opening it up then sliding some more found his finger on trigger before a final jolt made him pull it?

Hadn't he already shot someone? So he took the case then slipped and fell on it opening it up then sliding some more found his finger on trigger before a final jolt made him pull it?

Perfectly plausible...haha...It's a shame these terrorists don't have training in coming up with plausible reasons why they're doing what they do. It's a schoolboy excuse...."I found it"...

Back on topic though, I'd have definitely run the other way on the train...But who knows what we'd do given that situation. It's a fight or flight instinct I guess.

---------- Post added 24-08-2015 at 15:05 ----------

He said he found them and wasn't a terrorist, he was just going to rob everybody on the train. So that's alright then. :huh:

Rob everyone on the train?...And then what I wonder?...Simply walk off the train in Paris? "Honest, they were like that when I got on the train! I thought they were a bit quiet"...