The next Tory recession?

I don't want a recession. This was not a normal day. £48bn wiped off the FTSE in one day.

You got no idea what is coming.

We'll see.

A pension contribution is not pay. It's not salary. Preposterous.

This concept is just something that was dreamed up by a right wing think tank recently to engineer an argument that public sector pay is much higher than private sector pay.

Dog whistle politics but hey I guess it works :(

Employee pension contributions and the type of pension are a significant benefit. Pretending they aren't is a bit like saying banker's bonuses don't count because they're not their basic salary.

ah yes. up 1000 points in the last 12 months. clearly trending. you wish.

No I don't wish

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 22:59 ----------

It is fine. This is what markets do. While people are panic selling, others are waiting to buy them at more sensible prices.

3%? Nothing. A mere bagatelle.

Ah ok.

Nothing to see here move along.

why should public sector be paid more than private sector? don't most public sector jobs have earlier retirement and rather less chance of being made redundant. all coupled with a rather lower productivity.

With all the cuts that are coming, you must be joking.

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 00:53 ----------

rather lower productivity.

Have you not heard about competitive bidding, where by if a private company can do the same job at a lower price for similar work, they get the job?

Down 189 points today. 3%.

You told us everything was fine.

40 points went on in the first 10 minutes of trading. https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=INDEXFTSE%3AUKX&ei=t6DmVbHkA5KRUtPfnSg.

It goes up daily, it goes down daily. Under Tory governments it just goes up over 30 years though https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=INDEXFTSE%3AUKX&ei=t6DmVbHkA5KRUtPfnSg

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 08:13 ----------

A pension contribution is not pay. It's not salary. Preposterous.

Pension contributions aren't pay? Preposterous. Try being an employer and saying that.

Edited by Eric Arthur

Pension contributions aren't pay? Preposterous. Try being an employer and saying that.

I'm not an employer and I still understand this.

I could get at least £5k extra per year in the private sector but with an inferior pension.

I find it incredible that anybody would deny it. It's money we're given. It goes into an investment portfolio which provides us with substantial extra income in retirement.

It's so obvious that this is a form of remuneration that you'd have to be completely barking to suggest otherwise.

It's so obvious that this is a form of remuneration that you'd have to be completely barking to suggest otherwise.

There are other perks in the private sector; I never see a council vehicle parked in a place where it could be used for personal use, but I often see company vans being used in this way.

So it gets complicated when you try to compare the whole terms and conditions.