Gig cancellation refunds? Why not refund the booking fee?

Apart from the booking fee you usually don't more via an agency. See Tickets for example charge the ticket value and then they take their cut via the booking fee.

I agree that sometimes it's more difficult to buy tickets straight from the venue, but it is possible if your quick enough and/or lucky enough. I purchased Radiohead Tickets direct from MEN or whatever it's called a few years ago.

Booking agencies like Ticket Master and Eventim are not charities, They buy up blocs of seats and then charge what they want.

Booking agencies like Ticket Master and Eventim are not charities, They buy up blocs of seats and then charge what they want.

I think that you're mistaken because every ticket I purchased direct from Ticketmaster and See Tickets have always been for the face value of the ticket. Their profit comes from their 'booking fee' and the 'handling fee'.

Now if your talking about the secondary ticket market, and the racket run by the ticket agencies when they state that they've sold out of tickets, and then proceed to sneakily sell ticket via viagogo and eBay for inflated prices then I'd agree with you.

I think that you're mistaken because every ticket I purchased direct from Ticketmaster and See Tickets have always been for the face value of the ticket. Their profit comes from their 'booking fee' and the 'handling fee'.

Now if your talking about the secondary ticket market, and the racket run by the ticket agencies when they state that they've sold out of tickets, and then proceed to sneakily sell ticket via viagogo and eBay for inflated prices then I'd agree with you.

I know but Radiohead, I ask you its hardly Fleetwood Mac, CSN or The Eagles is it :hihi:

I know but Radiohead, I ask you its hardly Fleetwood Mac, CSN or The Eagles is it :hihi:

First show in a fair few years, and only a 2 concert tour. The demand warranted a ticket that cost around £70. So even though they're not to your taste the demand was exceptionally high and I was well lucky to be able to get hold of the tickets.

Also, you had to present your card used to purchase the tickets so it would have been really difficult to buy tickets on the secondary market.

I'm glad that me attending a Radiohead concert amused you however.