Henry's, Cambridge St

Bargepole23

I walked past last week and they were touching up the exterior paintwork so I presume it's nearly ready to re-open. It must be tricky for the landlords as it's a lovely building in a good spot which will more than likely be demolished in the next few years. Hard to know what to do, upkeep-wise. I'm surprised they bothered as the interior was absolutely fine.

Last time I was in, they were asking 8 quid a pint for thornbridge/wild beer Co 'tart' on keg. Mitchells sell it for 2.50 per pint bottle. I bet it wasn't that much 5 minutes up the road in the bath hotel either. It's the only pub in town where brewdog beer costs more than it does in the brewdog bar

£8! That's bloody robbery! Norway...Aye, but not Sheff.

£8! That's bloody robbery! Norway...Aye, but not Sheff.

Yeah but it was keg, some hipster tawts will pay well over the odds for a trendy method of dispensing, even if it is precisely the same beer they can get on cask for £3 less.

Yeah but it was keg, some hipster tawts will pay well over the odds for a trendy method of dispensing, even if it is precisely the same beer they can get on cask for £3 less.

I'd be bottling my pee and taking it home at that price.:D

Cheers taxman...You know your stuff.

I agree with you in principal but it's not alwayts the case. My local bar recently had High Wire on both cask and keg with a price difference of £1 a pint. Which I think isn't too far off with the added production cost. At least according to SteelCity Dave.

Thing is, of course, the worlds best beers are only available on keg, or bottle. So most of us who like real qulaity sadly don't have too much choice. And some bars exploit that.

By way of example, Sheffield Tap were charging a tenner a pint for Beavertown The Power of the Voodoo - which is mindblowingly good by the way, so was happy to pay it. Until I saw the same beer on sale in Craft & Dough on Eccy Rd for £6 a pint... At about 7pm too. That night went VERY wrong!

---------- Post added 05-10-2015 at 08:36 ----------

Last time I was in, they were asking 8 quid a pint for thornbridge/wild beer Co 'tart' on keg. Mitchells sell it for 2.50 per pint bottle. I bet it wasn't that much 5 minutes up the road in the bath hotel either. It's the only pub in town where brewdog beer costs more than it does in the brewdog bar

Actually not true. Both Cavendish and The Hop were charging more for Brewdog than Brewdog last time I was in. As was F&P.

By way of example, Sheffield Tap were charging a tenner a pint for Beavertown The Power of the Voodoo - which is mindblowingly good by the way, so was happy to pay it. Until I saw the same beer on sale in Craft & Dough on Eccy Rd for £6 a pint... At about 7pm too. That night went VERY wrong!

sounds like a very clear demonstration of the difference between the dreaded 'GP markup %' and 'add a fixed £ per pint'!

There was a notice on the window saying closed for a lick of paint brewhouse open next door! seems decent of the owner and funnily enough when I went in to the brewhouse the owner of Henry's was leaning on the bar having a pint I wonder if he's also involved with this pub too.
Yes they are both owned by the same owners .