Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

The group of people most likely to suffer ANY kind of assault is actually young men...

So perhaps there should be a single carriage per man, they're bound to be safer that way.

Now THAT is a great idea. One carriage per person. Or maybe one that a few friends, or people that really know each other could share. And because the people in that carriage would presumably all be going to the same place, make it independent and direct, rather than calling at all the places you don't want to go. You could even take it off the rails and put it on some other carriageway - let's call them 'roads'. You could even remove the driver because, who knows, they might be the one doing all this assaulting! And let the people pilot these small carriages - lets call them 'cars' for short - themselves....

Seriously though I've never assaulted a woman in my life, on a train or otherwise. Felt like assaulting a few blokes in my time. Drunk ones staggering around spilling Stella on me in particular. Whilst I will firmly agree that no-one should be subject to abuse on public transport, the only way to prevent this is to have enough staff to do so, or to avoid using it in the first place. If I was in packed carriage with a half empty 'femail only' carriage next door, I know what I'd do.

This is a train carriage specific crime.

Really? Did you read the OP's link?

To quote Mr Corbyn: "It is unacceptable that many women and girls adapt their daily lives in order to avoid being harassed on the street, public transport, and in other public places".

Not especially train carriage specific.

What next. Female only streets? Female only housing estates?

I've had a man try to touch me up (not on a train though).

So, do we have special carriages for straight men that don't want to be harassed by gay men? If not, why not?

We're going to end up with some very long trains at this rate. :D

No, not denial at all. I just know my family and friends. Im sorry if you have pervs in your fami8ly though, that must be tough to deal with.

every single case in that yewtree campaign the friends and family of the defendants said the same thing....sexual abusers dont tell people.

How many of those assaults took place on trains?

Or were perpetrated by random strangers?

Even Jimmy Savill wasn't a stranger to his victims. They would have been safe if they had been on a women only train though so maybe the idea has legs.

Edited by Eric Arthur

Show us how it's a scientific unbiased survey.... genuinely..not having a pop..it's a genuine request..

and i asked you to publish another survey. No answer.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 12:44 ----------

Really? Did you read the OP's link?

To quote Mr Corbyn: "It is unacceptable that many women and girls adapt their daily lives in order to avoid being harassed on the street, public transport, and in other public places".

Not especially train carriage specific.

What next. Female only streets? Female only housing estates?

I've had a man try to touch me up (not on a train though).

So, do we have special carriages for straight men that don't want to be harassed by gay men? If not, why not?

We're going to end up with some very long trains at this rate. :D

Yes i read it. Corbyn thinks all sexual abuse is wrong, and wants to protect women.

every single case in that yewtree campaign the friends and family of the defendants said the same thing....sexual abusers dont tell people.

Maybe you should come round for tea and bring your Uncle Rapey so at least ill know what a sexual predator looks like then i can start interviewing my family and friends asap.

You need to take a step back mate, relax and stop taking mumsnet so seriously.

Edited by Timeh

I said up to....what part of 'up to' dont you get??

So it could be 0%? That's "up to" 30%

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 12:47 ----------

and i asked you to publish another survey. No answer.

I quoted the British Crime Survey above...post #114

Edited by truman

Show us how it's a scientific unbiased survey.... genuinely..not having a pop..it's a genuine request..

Even if its a biased survey. 83% didnt tell the police. It has some significance on the overall reported findings.

We might assume there are at least 5000 sexual assaults on trains.

Even if its a biased survey. 83% didnt tell the police. It has some significance on the overall reported findings.

We might assume there are at least 5000 sexual assaults on trains.

We? No i think you mean you. Dont speak for everyone please.