Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

I said in my circle of family and friends. Not just my family and again, please dont assume that just because you have a pervert in your family that everyone else does too.

Ill ask again, why the need for the loopy emoticon in your previous post?

Timeh, I'm pretty sure most people think they have no sexual predator in their family or friends but unless all convicted rapists had no family or friends, clearly that belief is misplaced.

Obviously, not every person is going to know a rapist but to say you can 'guarantee' you don't know anyone who is one is laughable as not a single person can say that unless they don't know anyone at all.

Of course I don't believe anyone I know is a rapist or has sexually assaulted anyone, but I don't KNOW that and never will.

They have these carriages here in Dubai.

You see all the men packed like sardines making sure they don't cross over the pink line (I'm not kidding) while the women only carriage is half full or empty.

There's a fine of 100dhs (£17) for being in the wrong cabin but I've only seen a few members of staff checking in the 4 years I've been taking the metro, so if it's not policed properly in a place like the UAE I don't see much hope for it in the UK.

When youve lost your argument resort to insults. Not mature mate, not mature at all.

lost an argument? Your argument is that 50 year old men pretend to be little girls to respond to a survey to incriminate other men.

They wouldnt tell you...

Im sure the victims would. Im considered a sounding board for my family. I hear most things and consider myself privileged that people tell me their innermost secrets. Im trustworthy you see and would never betray a confidence. As no victims have told me (unlike in your case) then with all the available evidence i can conclude none of my family or friends are perverts, rapists, child molesters or car park attendants.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 13:19 ----------

lost an argument? Your argument is that 50 year old men pretend to be little girls to respond to a survey to incriminate other men.

No it isnt my argument at all. You obviously read that wrong. Go back and check, youll see :)

The reasons why a sex attacker might feel safer committing his crimes on train carriages are fairly obvious. However, mixed sex carriages have been around for a long time and therefore don't explain the 25% increase in reported attacks. The reason for the increase must be:

1. More women are reporting offences
  2. More men don't respect women

It is probably a bit of both. The first is a good thing because if we can't see a problem then we can't fix it. The second is a bad thing and begs the question... what has changed socially for us to suddenly find we have more men who don't respect women and therefore more women being attacked? What is the root cause of the increase?

There might be a correlation with increasing passenger numbers and ever more crowded carriages? I could see that an opportunist groper has a lot more scope if people are pressed in together.

Timeh, I'm pretty sure most people think they have no sexual predator in their family or friends but unless all convicted rapists had no family or friends, clearly that belief is misplaced.

Obviously, not every person is going to know a rapist but to say you can 'guarantee' you don't know anyone who is one is laughable as not a single person can say that unless they don't know anyone at all.

Of course I don't believe anyone I know is a rapist or has sexually assaulted anyone, but I don't KNOW that and never will.

all those guys in operation yewtree...they seemed like nice guys too and all the family thought so...and they would never do such crimes.

Rolf harris!!!

Im sure the victims would. Im considered a sounding board for my family. I hear most things and consider myself privileged that people tell me their innermost secrets. Im trustworthy you see and would never betray a confidence. As no victims have told me (unlike in your case) then with all the available evidence i can conclude none of my family or friends are perverts, rapists, child molesters or car park attendants.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 13:19 ----------

No it isnt my argument at all. You obviously read that wrong. Go back and check, youll see :)

There is no evidence. None. Not a bit. Nothing. What you have is an internet survey filled out by (for all we know) 50 year old men pretending to be female or silly little girls doing a bit of internet trolling for kicks. We dont know anything from this 'evidence'

What part did i get wrong?