Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

There might be a correlation with increasing passenger numbers and ever more crowded carriages? I could see that an opportunist groper has a lot more scope if people are pressed in together.

Very good point. Would you also consider that because of the crowded nature of trains that some reports of someone brushing up against in a woman in a pervy way might just be accidental?

I can't say. I haven't been on a train in decades!

According to the Rail Safety Standards Board all assaults are up on the railways. They're blaming it on there being fewer staff around. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rail-staffing-cuts-blamed-for-shocking-increase-in-passengers-being-attacked-on-britains-trains-10416174.html

I wonder if this is a pattern we will see repeated across society in general with ever increasing cuts in policing?

And that was my other point. Are these carriages going to be policed or will it just be a convenient magnet for perverts? And how many carriages per train are going to be women only?

Yes. But not to skew the survey. i believe close to 1600 women responded with genuine answers.

I'm not sure why the members of that site should be more truthful than those of other sites... do you reckon all the polls on here are responded to honestly?

TJC1 thought they had, sadly his or her reading skills let them down again, in fact mumsnet was talking about a day trip to Surry.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 13:45 ----------

------------------------------------------

Just for clarity and also a little more proof (not that it were needed) that TJC1 is just on the troll. :)

forgive me, i got carried away with the argument and came across a bit rude to you there Tim. You have a valid point.

Why should Females pay a premium when this whole issue is a male problem?.

I'll ignore the fact you've only attempted to answer 1 of 5 questions posed.... In answer to your question, because they would be getting a premium, preferential service with specially reserved carriages. This usually comes with extra cost.

Also, using your logic of this being a "male" problem (presumably because males are disproportionately but not exclusively the perpetrators of sexual assault) then does this also mean, applying the same logic against similar scenarios that you've previously argued against, that grooming is a Muslim problem? That terrorism is a Muslim problem? Because they're disproportionately represented. Would carriages for non-Muslims only be an acceptable proposal in response to 7/7? If not, why not? You would appear to hold selective and conflicting opinions.

83% said they didnt report to police...

And why not? Because it was in the home, by their partner or sometimes a family member.

Read this, it's a bit of detail about your Mumsnet survey. It tells you who, as well as how many.

http://www.mumsnet.com/campaigns/we-believe-you-campaign-rape-myths-busted

Your effort to support this polticians mad ideas about women only train carriages is a busted flush.

I think it's a stupid idea.

There's enough of a shortage of seats on trains as it is without adding this to the problem.

Also, if there's no one there to police the trains now and stop the harassment, who exactly is going to police these carriages? Drunken (or otherwise) blokes will still go in them anyway so it'll be a waste of effort.