Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

No problems. Thanks for the apology :)

welcome Tim, you are one of my favourite people on SF :cool: cool guy.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:09 ----------

The bickering and personal attacks can cease now. If this starts up again all participants will be suspended.

no more bickering from me - scouts honour :D

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:12 ----------

And why not? Because it was in the home, by their partner or sometimes a family member.

Read this, it's a bit of detail about your Mumsnet survey. It tells you who, as well as how many.

http://www.mumsnet.com/campaigns/we-believe-you-campaign-rape-myths-busted

Your effort to support this polticians mad ideas about women only train carriages is a busted flush.

Corbyn only suggested a solution that was used before - and opened a discourse. I cant see anything wrong in that.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:15 ----------

I'll ignore the fact you've only attempted to answer 1 of 5 questions posed.... In answer to your question, because they would be getting a premium, preferential service with specially reserved carriages. This usually comes with extra cost.

Also, using your logic of this being a "male" problem (presumably because males are disproportionately but not exclusively the perpetrators of sexual assault) then does this also mean, applying the same logic against similar scenarios that you've previously argued against, that grooming is a Muslim problem? That terrorism is a Muslim problem? Because they're disproportionately represented. Would carriages for non-Muslims only be an acceptable proposal in response to 7/7? If not, why not? You would appear to hold selective and conflicting opinions.

I didnt answer all questions because I think the race card and male only card is a red herring.....corbyn addressed a very specific concern, with a very specific suggestion - just a thought, not a proposal.

I don't see muslims and men reporting or complaining about sexual assaults on trains either.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:16 ----------

I'm not sure why the members of that site should be more truthful than those of other sites... do you reckon all the polls on here are responded to honestly?

I respond honestly - do you?

otherwise what would be the point of answering a poll?

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:18 ----------

as a man or a muslim or any other race - you havent got any issue on trains and can go about more or less free of assault.

women have a legitimate claim, thats backed up by figures and unreported figures.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:19 ----------

On that basis - an optional female only carriage is not a bad idea.

Corbyn only suggested a solution that was used before - and opened a discourse. I cant see anything wrong in that.

I didnt answer all questions because I think the race card and male only card is a red herring.....corbyn addressed a very specific concern, with a very specific suggestion - just a thought, not a proposal.

I don't see muslims and men reporting or complaining about sexual assaults on trains either.

as a man or a muslim or any other race - you havent got any issue on trains and can go about more or less free of assault.

women have a legitimate claim, thats backed up by figures and unreported figures.

As a non-Muslim on a train, I feel vulnerable with Muslims because some of them have previously committed terrorist offences on trains (exact parallel scenario to women feeling vulnerable because some males have committed sexual offences on trains). Can I have a safe non-Muslim carriage please? If not, why not?

I'm more likely to vote on a poll that interests me. If I'd be assaulted and the poll was asking about that, I'd vote. If I hadn't, I might ignore it. It's a self selecting group that responds to threads and/or polls.

So why in your opinion was 1/3 of 1600 respondents sexually assaulted?

why not 80, 90, 100% if such an emotive subject.

But would they be safe in a women only carriage.

A teenage girl, who pinned a woman to the ground during a "vile and horrifying" sex attack, was today found guilty of rape.

A girl who was raped by another girl.

As a non-Muslim on a train, I feel vulnerable with Muslims because some of them have previously committed terrorist offences on trains

you should get out more if you are scared of muslims.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:31 ----------

how many trains are subjected to terrorist attacks of the millions of train journeys per year?

A politician is floating the idea of women only train carriages because he says that lots of women are harassed on trains so they would be better off in in a segregated carriage.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/26/women-only-train-carriages-a-possibility-under-jeremy-corbyn

The only people that I know who might think it's a good idea are men of certain old fashioned religions, but I'm a man so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. If this comes in I think that Rosa Parks wasted her time.

What do ladies think?

I 've seen them in tokyo and osaka, but groping during rush hour has evolved into an art form over there:love:

btw/does this mean that in the future they'll be gay only carriages ,lesbian,transgender ,burqa only?

Edited by johncocker

So why in your opinion was 1/3 of 1600 respondents sexually assaulted?

why not 80, 90, 100% if such an emotive subject.

Because out of their 4.3 million members only 1600 responded and only 533 said they had been sexually assaulted, what it tells us is that 99.9% of people that could have responded to the survey didn't, so out of 4.3million people only 0.0001% claimed to have been sexually abused.

you should get out more if you are scared of muslims.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 15:31 ----------

how many trains are subjected to terrorist attacks of the millions of train journeys per year?

That's like saying women should get out more if they're scared of men. How many sexual assaults per female passenger mile? About 0.000001?

Answer my question. Why can't there be a non-Muslim carriage if there can be a female one?