Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

An optional female only carriage is part of a solution.

It isn't on a rail network that is at capacity, doesn't have enough room on carriages as it is and is already too expensive. Forget the social issues... it is a non-starter for practical ones. Dumb idea.

I didn't mention Halibut though did I!

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your consistently intelligent contributions to the forum...but I can't!

perhaps if you were a little brighter yourself, rather than imagining that you are.

isnt that up to women to decide?

If enough come forward and say its a problem, they have to be heard.

No it isn't. Listen to what everyone is telling you because you are obviously wrong.

---------- Post added 27-08-2015 at 13:17 ----------

What a feeding frenzy and how misguided you are to assume so much.

Throw the gullible fish a scrap and they make a feast of it.

Read this properly please...

...Jeremy Corbyn on 'women-only' train carriages

"Some women have raised with me that a solution to the rise in assault and harassment on public transport could be to introduce women-only carriages.

"My intention would be to make public transport safer for everyone from the train platform, to the bus stop, on the mode of transport itself.

"However, I would consult with women and open it up to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome – and also if piloting this at times and on modes of transport where harassment is reported most frequently would be of interest.

"The excellent work of individuals, campaigns, and groups like Everyday Sexism and Stop Street Harassment has highlighted just how prevalent street harassment is in our country today; and the extent to which many women feel uncomfortable, anxious, and unsafe just going about their daily routines.

"It is simply unacceptable that many women and girls adapt their daily lives in order to avoid being harassed on the street, public transport and in other public places from the park to the supermarket.

"This could include taking longer routes to work, having self-imposed curfews, or avoiding certain means of transport."

Read this properly please.

Nothing except that any person with a realistic view on life would have realised after just a few seconds that it was a stupid idea in the first place and not even given it the time of day.

Corbyn decided to suggest it as a policy for a future PM of UK PLC and made himself look really stupid.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 17:27 ----------

You read the link to the survey data.

:rolleyes:

No it isn't. Listen to what everyone is telling you because you are obviously wrong.

---------- Post added 27-08-2015 at 13:17 ----------

Read this properly please.

read it..... Let me quote:

Some women have raised with me that a solution to the rise in assault and harassment on public transport could be to introduce women-only carriages.

I would consult with women and open it up to hear their views on whether women-only carriages would be welcome

"This could include taking longer routes to work, having self-imposed curfews, or avoiding certain means of transport."

women proposed it, corbyn is looking at all the solutions....female only carriages is ONE OF THEM. Its not his idea!

---------- Post added 27-08-2015 at 13:30 ----------

I dont think you know what the word CONSULTATION means. Corbyn has never put this forward as a policy....youre just plain wrong.

---------- Post added 27-08-2015 at 13:32 ----------

And it wont be up to Corbyn to decide what to do anyway....its female travellers who will ultimately decide this CONSULTATION.

Corbyn, if he gets power, will merely seek to implement.

You are hard work.

Nothing except that any person with a realistic view on life would have realised after just a few seconds that it was a stupid idea in the first place and not even given it the time of day.

Corbyn decided to suggest it as a policy for a future PM of UK PLC and made himself look really stupid.

The only person who made up a story was Corbyn who was daft enough to create a damaging story out of thin air where there wasn't one. What a leader he'll make.

Evidence? What I see is a politician listening to people.