Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

Rather than derailing[1] this thread into yet another Labour vs Tory one, we'd be better sticking to discussing the issue of women only carriages.

Ok, sir. Women only carriages are a terrible idea for all of the reasons I, and many others, have given previously in this thread.

You seem to imply certain men can control their urges, until they step foot on a train, at which point they turn into wild sex pests. Otherwise, why stop at segregation on trains? We could go further and segregate schools and workplaces. That would further reduce risk. Better still, we could banish women to the house to keep them away from all those rampant perverts out there. Should they need to go out, they could cover themselves head to toe for their own safety. They'd have to be accompanied by a man, and trail behind them, for their own protection of course.

No. Men are sex pests in all situations.

Just so happens its localised on trains and stations and can be monitored to an extent.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 07:50 ----------

I agree. It's only TJC1 who seems to think differently.

I'm saying consultation is the way forward.

And that won't be with men, its with women.

so all these opinions are irrelevant.

No. Men are sex pests in all situations.

Just so happens its localised on trains and stations and can be monitored to an extent.

You really should be more careful with your generalising.

I'm saying consultation is the way forward.

And that won't be with men, its with women.

so all these opinions are irrelevant.

What makes your opinion important then? Yours is just as irrelevant (although several women have posted on this thread and said the idea is bad).

You really should be more careful with your generalising.

its a fact. Sexual assault happens in all situations.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 07:59 ----------

What makes your opinion important then? Yours is just as irrelevant (although several women have posted on this thread and said the idea is bad).

Corbyn isnt consulting me just as much as he isnt consulting you.

its a fact. Sexual assault happens in all situations.

Saying that men, with no qualification, are sex pests is clearly nonsense.

You're not a sex pest are you?

Corbyn isnt consulting me just as much as he isnt consulting you.

He isn't consulting anyone, he has no power.

As a man you are seen as a potential predator and sex pest by many women. Get offended about it if you like. Thats the reality.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 08:18 ----------

He isn't consulting anyone, he has no power.

hes a member of parliament.

As a man you are seen as a potential predator and sex pest by many women. Get offended about it if you like. Thats the reality.

Ditto for Muslims being seen as terrorists or extremists. Get offended if you like. So how come you're ok with generalising on gender but not religion?

Nb. Neither are ok in my book.

Edited by WiseOwl182

Ditto for Muslims being seen as terrorists or extremists. Get offended if you like. So how come you're ok with generalising on gender but not religion?

Nb. Neither are ok in my book.

Its discrimination based on truth and fact.

Im ok with that because men are rapists, peados and sexual deviants. The vast majority of sexual crimes and unreported crimes are purpotrated by men Of all ages.

Note i didnt say ALL men are rapists.

Its arrogant to assume men know whats best solution for safety of another gender before any consultation has taken place.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 08:36 ----------

Don't be so naive, politicians plant questions to test the water for their ideas all the time. If the idea turns out to be popular, they'll take the credit for it, if the idea bombs then they'll disown it.

Im not being naive. I read and re-read the literature.

Corbyn isnt pushing this through selfish agenda. But he knows, quite rightly that its a problem which requires a solution.

Its discrimination based on truth and fact.

Im ok with that because men are rapists, peados and sexual deviants. The vast majority of sexual crimes and unreported crimes are purpotrated by men Of all ages.

Note i didnt say ALL men are rapists.

What???!! Muslims are terrorists, not all, but a minority are. If you're ok to generalise about men being rapists (because a small minority are) then why not about Muslims? Your logic is again contradictory and selective. You're beginning to sound as loony as Corbyn.