Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

Its not discrimination, its common sense if men cant behave on trains

There you go again, unable to stop generalising against half the population. :huh:

You can't see the comparison with terrorists though. Or refuse to see it.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 20:57 ----------

Men are comitting millions of sex crimes, women are scared...solutions proposed...end of story.

Random number pulled out of a hat?

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 20:58 ----------

true humbers are hard to come by. Vast majority are not reported.

im inclined to believe its in the millions of incidents.

So you've made a number up, and when I asked for evidence in post #321 you avoided providing any.

Men are comitting millions of sex crimes, women are scared...solutions proposed...end of story.

Having the carriage that you advocate could be a good thing but only if it is compulsory for women/girls to use it- no options to travel in a mixed one which in any case would be pointless, if not downright dangerous, wouldn't it? The men's carriages would then be free of nattering, nagging women and perhaps screaming kids- bliss!

Having the carriage that you advocate could be a good thing

I agree. It could be a good thing.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 01:00 ----------

You can't see the comparison with terrorists though.

Another one obsessed with terrorists...

Having the carriage that you advocate could be a good thing but only if it is compulsory for women/girls to use it- no options to travel in a mixed one which in any case would be pointless, if not downright dangerous, wouldn't it? The men's carriages would then be free of nattering, nagging women and perhaps screaming kids- bliss!

What age would you determine a female must go in the women carriage and what about couples traveling together, especially with kids?

What happens if the womens carriage is full, are they forced to miss the train or forced into the normal carriages, negating the whole point?

What if the women carriage is empty and the rest is full? That would be insanely stupid for the train companies to be paying to pull a whole carriage with nobody in it AND denying men entry to the train, claiming its full.

It would also have to be the last or first carriage, as people often get on the train accidentally at the wrong end and walk through the other carriages to find their seat, plus the need to be able to access the toilets.

What about trains with a food carriage, women would still have to walk through the normal carriages to get to it or at least mix with men IN that carriage?

Then we will start running into the gender ambiguity issues, where someone who "looks" male enter the womens carriage and has to argue their legal rights.

I just can't see it being practical.

Edited by AlexAtkin

By comparing other scenarios where a minority's actions should not cause discrimination against the wider group to which they belong.

Leaving aside the practicalities for a minute..

How are men being discriminated against with an optional female only carriage?

The carriage could be entirely optional. So its not forced segregation or discrimination.

Im assuming you use a male toilet in public places and have no issue with that. Or do you get jealous of female toilet facilities?

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 07:36 ----------

Make it optional. For women who would prefer to travel with their own gender.

especially good on busy trains and tube, where a lot of these incidents take place.

What age would you determine a female must go in the women carriage and what about couples traveling together, especially with kids?

What happens if the womens carriage is full, are they forced to miss the train or forced into the normal carriages, negating the whole point?

What if the women carriage is empty and the rest is full? That would be insanely stupid for the train companies to be paying to pull a whole carriage with nobody in it AND denying men entry to the train, claiming its full.

It would also have to be the last or first carriage, as people often get on the train accidentally at the wrong end and walk through the other carriages to find their seat, plus the need to be able to access the toilets.

What about trains with a food carriage, women would still have to walk through the normal carriages to get to it or at least mix with men IN that carriage?

Then we will start running into the gender ambiguity issues, where someone who "looks" male enter the womens carriage and has to argue their legal rights.

I just can't see it being practical.

You've now nearly persuaded me that it might not be a good idea for having women's -only carriages.

The carriage could be entirely optional. So its not forced segregation or discrimination.

Im assuming you use a male toilet in public places and have no issue with that. Or do you get jealous of female toilet facilities?.

Because there'd be a carriage I couldn't go in just because I was born a certain gender. There'd be no equivalent for men only. The implication is women should have preferential treatment, men can't be trusted, and authorities can't control crime.

If there was an optional non-Muslim carriage, would you class that as discrimination? Or optional non-black carriages?

Another one obsessed with terrorists...

No, just trying to make you see a comparison, any comparison, but you refuse to think about them because you'll realise how stupid the idea is.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 09:01 ----------

Still no evidence forthcoming though for the numbers you've made up...

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 09:03 ----------

Im assuming you use a male toilet in public places and have no issue with that. Or do you get jealous of female toilet facilities?

Even you know that this is faulty logic.

Can you identify anywhere that has mixed toilets and women only toilets, but no toilets exclusively for me? No, of course you can't.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 09:03 ----------

You've now nearly persuaded me that it might not be a good idea for having women's -only carriages.

Is that ignoring the misogynistic suggestion that they should HAVE to travel in them.

Because there'd be a carriage I couldn't go in just because I was born a certain gender. There'd be no equivalent for men only. The implication is women should have preferential treatment, men can't be trusted, and authorities can't control crime.

If there was an optional non-Muslim carriage, would you class that as discrimination? Or optional non-black carriages?

Why do you WANT to go in a female only carriage?

And if prevented from doing so why would you feel discriminated against?