Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

Why do you WANT to go in a female only carriage?

And if prevented from doing so why would you feel discriminated against?

If the rest of the train was rammed full and the female only carriage had space.

Would females using the mixed sex carriage be forced to move to the female only carriage to free up space if the mixed sex carriage became full.

How would the female only carriage be policed, I've been on many trains where you can walk from one end to the other without any sort of physical barrier not even a door between carriages.

Would train companies have to add another carriage or would one carriage on exsisting trains be used for females only.

You're missing the point. Having a female only space and not having a male only space is clearly discriminatory.

You're missing the point. Having a female only space and not having a male only space is clearly discriminatory.

Discrimination against?

What are we missing out on?

If certain females feel safer and the evidence backs it up, then men shouldn't have an issue.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 11:08 ----------

After all what are strip clubs and gentleman's clubs?

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 11:09 ----------

We're missing the point. Females are the victins

I may want to go in the female carriage for safety reasons (the other carriages being ram packed with sex pests) or because there is space in there but not in the other carriages. I'd feel discriminated against because the only thing stopping me from doing so would be the gender I was born with, which I can't help any more as I can my race.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 12:31 ----------

Discrimination against?

What are we missing out on?

If certain females feel safer and the evidence backs it up, then men shouldn't have an issue.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 11:08 ----------

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 11:09 ----------

We're missing the point. Females are the victins

If there was an optional non-Muslim carriage, would you class that as discrimination? Or optional non-black carriages?

Discrimination against?

Stop being disingenous. Against men obviously, the ones who aren't provided with a dedicated carriage.

Apart from the fact that most women DON'T seem to agree, and the massive cost and inefficiency involved.

What do you mean what are they? They certainly don't bar women from entry, that would be illegal.

Stop being disingenous. Against men obviously, the ones who aren't provided with a dedicated carriage.

Apart from the fact that most women DON'T seem to agree, and the massive cost and inefficiency involved.

What do you mean what are they? They certainly don't bar women from entry, that would be illegal.

No you misunderstand....discrimination cones in many forms, I'm asking you HOW men are discriminated against?

What do we lose from having optional female only carriages. .I think you know we lose nothing and that's why you won't answer.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 12:35 ----------

Evidence.....? I suppose you've costed this up and done the female consultation yourself then?

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 12:36 ----------

I think you'll find private men only clubs

No you misunderstand....discrimination cones in many forms, I'm asking you HOW men are discriminated against?

What do we lose from having optional female only carriages. .I think you know we lose nothing and that's why you won't answer.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 12:35 ----------

Evidence.....? I suppose you've costed this up and done the female consultation yourself then?

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 12:36 ----------

I think you'll find private men only clubs

If there was an optional non-Muslim carriage, would you class that as discrimination? Or optional non-black carriages?

Strip clubs, I'm sure women are welcome should they want to frequent such an establishment.

As for male only private members clubs, wouldn't it only be discrimination towards women if women where not allowed to open female only private members clubs. Men can have men only clubs but women can't. I'm not a lawyer so I'm not clued up on the law for men / women only clubs.