Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

Absolutely point blank refuse the comparison of the very real threat of sexual assault vs the non existant threat of muslims.

It's not very real. Apparently there were 624 sexual assaults against women were reported in 2013/14. There were approx 1.4 billion UK rail journeys.

Statistically, the chances of being attack on a train are almost non-existent, much less than the chance of being killed by a British muslim in Raqqa.

It's not very real. Apparently there were 624 sexual assaults against women were reported in 2013/14. There were approx 1.4 billion UK rail journeys.

Statistically, the chances of being attack on a train are almost non-existent, much less than the chance of being killed by a British muslim in Raffa.

Theres thousands of unreported attacks.

This is everything from comments to groping to attacks.

Its happening up and down the country on a daily basis.

I've already calculated the figures and published elsewhere on this thread.

Statistically its 200000 or more times more likely a woman will be attacked on a train than a muslim will attack a train in a terrorist attack.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 13:44 ----------

This is based on 4/5 of attacks are unreported....

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 13:48 ----------

Even if we just go on the reported figures...its 30000 times more likely.

Face it, the muslim argument was ridiculous

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 13:52 ----------

and im glad you pointed out the number of people travelling.

if we assume half of travellers are female, and every one in 200k are assaulted how many busy train journeys before a female is assaulted?

not that many...

Edited by TJC1
edit stat

In the uk? Once...its not enough reason for muslim only carriages...you must realise how ridiculous it sounds.

I don't think you understand the purpose of a comparison.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:25 ----------

Theres thousands of unreported attacks.

This is everything from comments to groping to attacks.

Its happening up and down the country on a daily basis.

I've already calculated the figures and published elsewhere on this thread.

No, you made up some figures and when asked for evidence you went silent.

Then when any comparison to other minorities committing crimes was made you refused to think about it, whilst continuing to say things like "men are sex pests".

You've ignored the widespread condemnation of the idea from womens rights groups, and the universal dislike of the idea by women that have posted in this thread.

To highlight how the idea is discriminatory. Precisely why you won't think about the comparison, but instead argue against the idea for the other minority. It's irrelevant whether it's stupid or not, the idea is stupid when applied to any minority.

I don't think you understand the purpose of a comparison.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:25 ----------

No, you made up some figures and when asked for evidence you went silent.

Then when any comparison to other minorities committing crimes was made you refused to think about it, whilst continuing to say things like "men are sex pests".

You've ignored the widespread condemnation of the idea from womens rights groups, and the universal dislike of the idea by women that have posted in this thread.

Short memory...

The figures are from reported figures published.

This is interesting reading...http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/26/corbyns-women-only-carriages-idea-shouldnt-just-be-dismissed

I chose this carriage after walking past two others that were populated solely by men and rejecting them on that basis. It wasn’t that any of the men I glimpsed through the carriage windows looked particularly threatening; I just thought I’d be safer surrounded by the sisterhood – and clearly the other women who joined the carriage felt the same way.

Like every woman I’ve ever met, I have stories of being sexually harassed on public transport.

Fine, I'm sure that you're correct, it's a great idea, all the women who think it's stupid, and all the men who think it's stupid, they're just not seeing it as clearly as you are. Why don't you stand for election and implement all your ideas.

To highlight how the idea is discriminatory. Precisely why you won't think about the comparison, but instead argue against the idea for the other minority. It's irrelevant whether it's stupid or not, the idea is stupid when applied to any minority.

There is an argument against women only carriages. But not the one you have latched onto.

saying men are discriminated against...dont buy it.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:39 ----------

Fine, I'm sure that you're correct, it's a great idea, all the women who think it's stupid, and all the men who think it's stupid, they're just not seeing it as clearly as you are. Why don't you stand for election and implement all your ideas.

That article, she was a woman!

I posted another column from the mirror, another woman...