Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

That article, she was a woman!

I posted another column from the mirror, another woman...

Oh good, you've found 1 women who doesn't even say it's actually a good idea.

Whilst women's groups, who represent lots of women, all think it's a bad idea.

And carry on ignoring the fact that it's obviously discriminatory since it favours one sex over the other.

So what? why do you want to be in the female only carriage? And what are you missing out on if you arent?

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:43 ----------

Oh good, you've found 1 women who doesn't even say it's actually a good idea.

Whilst women's groups, who represent lots of women, all think it's a bad idea.

Actually she said dont dismiss it....which is exactly what youve done.

Short memory...

The figures are from reported figures published.

This is interesting reading...http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/26/corbyns-women-only-carriages-idea-shouldnt-just-be-dismissed

I chose this carriage after walking past two others that were populated solely by men and rejecting them on that basis. It wasn’t that any of the men I glimpsed through the carriage windows looked particularly threatening; I just thought I’d be safer surrounded by the sisterhood – and clearly the other women who joined the carriage felt the same way.

Like every woman I’ve ever met, I have stories of being sexually harassed on public transport.

You've made up some stats about probability. Even if they are true, the consequences of being blown up by a bomb in the same carriage are somewhat worse than being briefly touched by a pervert.

Now, imagine the probability of Muslim terror attacks became exactly equal to the probability of being groped as a woman. Would you then accept, in that scenario, that there should be non-Muslim carriages? Because your logic seems to be that when bad behaviour by a minority reaches a certain level, it becomes acceptable to discriminate against the whole group. I'm interested to find out where you draw that line.

Edited by WiseOwl182

So what? why do you want to be in the female only carriage? And what are you missing out on if you arent?

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:43 ----------

Actually she said dont dismiss it....which is exactly what youve done.

Yes it is, because it's a stupid idea. For all the various reasons already explained to you.

It's discriminatory.

It's inefficient.

It's expensive.

It's ineffective.

You've made up some stats about probability. Even if they are true, the consequences of being blown up by a bomb in the same carriage are somewhat worse than being briefly touched by a pervert. Now, imagine the probability of Muslim terror attacks became exactly equal to the probability of being groped as a woman. Would you then accept, in that scenario, that there should be non-Muslim carriages?

Maybe you will get your non-muslim carriages...I wouldnt hold my breath though.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:48 ----------

Yes it is, because it's a stupid idea. For all the various reasons already explained to you.

It's discriminatory.

It's inefficient.

It's expensive.

It's ineffective.

Tbh Ive felt intimidated by men or groups of men on trains on many occasions. I can see where females are coming from when it must be 100 times worse.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 14:49 ----------

It's discriminatory.

It's inefficient.

It's expensive.

It's ineffective.

Evidence? Have you costed it up?

Maybe you will get your non-muslim carriages...I wouldnt hold my breath though.

You've not answered the question, again.

Now, imagine the probability of Muslim terror attacks became exactly equal to the probability of being groped as a woman. Would you then accept, in that scenario, that there should be non-Muslim carriages?

You've not answered the question, again.

Now, imagine the probability of Muslim terror attacks became exactly equal to the probability of being groped as a woman. Would you then accept, in that scenario, that there should be non-Muslim carriages?

Im not answering daft questions...

Tbh Ive felt intimidated by men or groups of men on trains on many occasions. I can see where females are coming from when it must be 100 times worse.

Maybe there should be a carriage for men on their own as well then?

Evidence? Have you costed it up?

No I haven't costed it up. I don't need to cost it up, it's pretty obvious.

But feel free to prove that it somehow wouldn't be expensive to reduce the capacity of every train by dedicating a carriage to one sex.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 15:02 ----------

Im not answering daft questions...

Easy cop out isn't it. Call it daft and refuse to engage.

The entire thread is daft though. Perhaps we should have just all ignored it.