Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

Justifications don't stop something being discriminatory.

If it were that bad I'd expect there to be police on trains to arrest those doing the groping, that would actually address the problem.

Face it you lost this argument long ago..

In 7/7, the vast majority of deaths were those in the immediate vicinity. You're reading too much into it though, it's not a serious suggestion, it's a devil's advocate comparison to show the hypocrisy in advocating Corbyn's sexist proposal.

Corbyn didn't suggest it though, just worth remembering.

It sounded more like he was humouring the idiot that did.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 22:39 ----------

Re:the disabled, what facility do they get that the able bodied don't have an equivalent of?

Corbyn didn't suggest it though, just worth remembering.

It sounded more like he was humouring the idiot that did.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 22:39 ----------

Re:the disabled, what facility do they get that the able bodied don't have an equivalent of?

Now you're scratching around....now its corbyn's fault. It's so embarrassing. I feel bad for you.

In 7/7, the vast majority of deaths were those in the immediate vicinity. You're reading too much into it though, it's not a serious suggestion, it's a devil's advocate comparison to show the hypocrisy in advocating Corbyn's sexist proposal.

Except for the fact that it isn't a Corbyn proposal.

A very interesting strawman that you've constructed though. Out of all the possibilities in the whole world, you choose the Islamic terrorist. Says quite a lot really.

Except for the fact that it isn't a Corbyn proposal.

A very interesting strawman that you've constructed though. Out of all the possibilities in the whole world, you choose the Islamic terrorist. Says quite a lot really.

Not really. Islamic terrorism and trains is hardly far fetched.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 23:17 ----------

Discrimination only if it's unjust..

As a man who isn't a "sex pest", even if 99% of men were, the discrimination against me would be unjust in my eyes. Clearly you agree with TJC that there is some kind of size of the minority of a group to reach that makes it acceptable to discriminate against the whole of that group. He thinks we're already there with men, you don't. Just curious what this level is? Would the same level apply to, say, a religious or ethnic group too? If not, why is gender an acceptable ground for discrimination, but nothing else is?

Not really. Islamic terrorism and trains is hardly far fetched.

No. Really.

It just shows the size of the chip on your shoulder.

(I notice that you didn't defend your incorrect attack on Jeremy Corbyn)

No. Really.

It just shows the size of the chip on your shoulder.

(I notice that you didn't defend your incorrect attack on Jeremy Corbyn)

No chip on my shoulder. It's a fair comparison. A bit more controversial than discriminating against men (an easy target) but maybe that's why I chose it.

I'm not going to defend my attack on Corbyn. He's a loony, and this is just one more idea to prove it. Whether he actually came up with it originally, or just endorses it for his manifesto, really doesn't matter.