Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

Jeremy Corbyn would consider women-only rail carriages

Some women had come forward and spoke to corbyn...corbyn has opened the debate and said he would discuss it.

female only carriages is neither corbyns nor a new idea.

There was a debate?

Cogito ergo sum says Schrodinger's cat.

Is this real??

Seriously segregating women is a very backwards idea to me. How about installing CCTV, panic buttons so everyone feels protected. I suspect but don't know that just as much violence comes about from race, bullying and intimidation.

Offenders on public transport be it trains or buses or whatever should be removed instantly by transport police and held in custody until court hearing all costs should be covered by the hefty fines that follow suit

I'm pretty damn sure after the first dozen cases were given the media spotlight people would think twice of the consequences they would receive when apprehended.

One of my friends just pointed out on facebook that this would make women who were not in the special carriage feel even more vulnerable.

Maybe she should contact corbyn with her views.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 10:52 ----------

Railways in India already provide 'women only' carriages.

Unfortunately it isn't tackling the root cause of the problem.

How do you tackle the root cause?

If you're a thug or sexual predator then I guess there's only one deterrent you'll understand and that's ... Pain!!

I've had enough of the softly softly PC bulls##t!!

It's time to bring back the black miryah (probably spelt wrong).

It's time people understood right from wrong if they can't learn the easy way I'm damn sure they'd learn the hard way.

All this pussyfooting, just stamp it out - they've no one to blame but themselves.

If you're a thug or sexual predator then I guess there's only one deterrent you'll understand and that's ... Pain!!

I've had enough of the softly softly PC bulls##t!!

It's time to bring back the black miryah (probably spelt wrong).

It's time people understood right from wrong if they can't learn the easy way I'm damn sure they'd learn the hard way.

All this pussyfooting, just stamp it out - they've no one to blame but themselves.

What I understand its mainly male commuters assaulting females on busy trains in an opportunist fashion. could be from any profession or background.

How do you tackle the root cause?

There lies the problem, I don't have the desire to sexually assault a woman on a train, or anywhere for that matter.

I'd have to call on someone with a better understanding of the workings of the mind of a sexual predator.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 11:02 ----------

maybe Corbyn got the idea from one his mates in HAMAS.

most of the countries that have women-only passenger cars are Muslim ones.

Obviously excluding India and Japan

What I understand its mainly male commuters assaulting females on busy trains in an opportunist fashion. could be from any profession or background.

Where do you understand this from?

And why don't you think the answer is to arrest and prosecute this minority of people committing sexual assault?