Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

I received the unwanted attention off a drunken man on a train who took it upon his self to try and kiss me for some unknown reason in front of a whole carriage load of people who actually did nothing to try and help me by the way, I didnt report it as to me (is this sad maybe) I just accept this as part of life as a woman. It certainly hasn't put me off travelling on trains. I really dont think its viable to have women only carriages at all. I actually think that most women get assaulted at some time by a man, be it only a smack or a touch of your behind that the man thinks nothing of, but it is still unwanted.

The group of people most likely to suffer ANY kind of assault is actually young men...

So perhaps there should be a single carriage per man, they're bound to be safer that way.

on a train or station women are about 17 times more likely to suffer assault. On reported crimes.

I dont know what part of this is puzzling you?

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 11:49 ----------

Did I say that? The study appears to have been done by Mumsnet... not a particularly scientific or ,dare I say, unbiased group..

What makes you draw the conclusion that it was conducted by mumsnet??

on a train or station women are about 17 times more likely to suffer assault. On reported crimes.

I dont know what part of this is puzzling you?

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 11:49 ----------

What makes you draw the conclusion that it was conducted by mumsnet??

Because I've read the Independent report..have you?

This is a bit of a clue

"Negative social attitudes to rape and sexual assault victims play a big part in the reluctance of women to come forward, the survey by Mumsnet suggests."

And then,with little bit more effort you can find:

http://www.mumsnet.com/campaigns/we-believe-you-campaign-survey-on-rape-and-sexual-assault

Edited by truman

I received the unwanted attention off a drunken man on a train who took it upon his self to try and kiss me for some unknown reason in front of a whole carriage load of people who actually did nothing to try and help me by the way, I didnt report it as to me (is this sad maybe) I just accept this as part of life as a woman. It certainly hasn't put me off travelling on trains. I really dont think its viable to have women only carriages at all. I actually think that most women get assaulted at some time by a man, be it only a smack or a touch of your behind that the man thinks nothing of, but it is still unwanted.

Im a man but I believe so too. Ive heard countless stories of assault from touching to groping to unwanted attention to comments to worse.

Maybe she should contact corbyn with her views.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 10:52 ----------

How do you tackle the root cause?

More men need to be caught in the act and prosecuted, on a train full of people that shouldn't be too difficult to catch them in the act and film them, some cameras in the carriage, people not involved could film the act on mobile devices, car drivers use car cam, cyclist use head cam, what about female cam. Just googles to see if they exist and found crotch cam. :o