Does anyone know what's happened to this report?

And on the day that the report was published into how many deaths of vulnerable people kicked off of their benefits, Iain Duncan Smith's long time adviser gets a peerage: http://politicalscrapbook.net/2015/08/ids-special-adviser-gets-peerage-on-day-dwp-admits-thousands-died-after-fit-to-work-assessments/

Gawd bless her - makes you proud to be English :thumbsup:

Edited by Mister M

(BTW, the answer is because stupid people are blaming IDS for "fit enough to work" decisions made by doctors)

But the assesments are NOT carried out by doctors. My last 2 WCA were carried out by physiotherpists ................. now how the hell can a physiotherapist asses me on my mental health I have no idea!!!!

It has been well documented that the so called "trained professionals" that work for ATOS have twisted, missed out and damn right lied on lots WCA all over the country.

UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms. (Not my words, the headline in the paper.)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/un-to-investigate-uk-over-human-rights-abuses-against-disabled-people-caused-by-welfare-reform-10478536.html

"An enquiry is only ordered where the UN believes there is evidence of 'grave or systematic violations' of the rights of the disabled. It is understood Miss Devandas Aguilar is planning to lead a team of inspectors to the UK in the coming months."

Serious then. Shame on IDS. Shame on the Tory Government. Shame on all the people on SF who have continually argued it was all made up.

Perhaps not the right place for this, today marks the day I lost a good mate . My mate had a ESA assessment. He was 30 years old had mental health issues that made daily life hard for him and needed support from family and friends. He got zero points despite the fact it was clear to all he had problems the result plagued his mind. His mother became worried after not hearing or seeing from him she went to his flat got no answer called the Police they found him hanging in the lounge . Its all well and good for people to bang on about disabled but they forget it could happen to them.

Perhaps not the right place for this, today marks the day I lost a good mate . My mate had a ESA assessment. He was 30 years old had mental health issues that made daily life hard for him and needed support from family and friends. He got zero points despite the fact it was clear to all he had problems the result plagued his mind. His mother became worried after not hearing or seeing from him she went to his flat got no answer called the Police they found him hanging in the lounge . Its all well and good for people to bang on about disabled but they forget it could happen to them.

My heartfelt sorry for your loss :(

I went through hell and high water appealing my 0 score assesments, I won both of them yet still had to fight it out with the DWP for my backdated payments. It got to the point that I broke down on the phone to them one day and shouted to the person on the other end of the line about how my mental health was being affected so bad that I felt suicidal at times.............. 10 minutes later a knock on the door by 2 police officers saying they had a call from the DWP in respect to me possibly killing myself. I explained the situation and the officers could see how upset I was and agreed wholeheartedly that the system is not fit for purpose.

My daughter and partner found it ironic that the DWP were so concerned about my mental well being that they could contact the police about me, yet the same DWP accepted the word of a physiotherapist that NOTHING was wrong with me really

Oh I am so sorry. That's just awful. My condolences to you, his family and friends.

Mental Health issues are woefully neglected in this country, yet sadly, can be just as fatal as other illnesses.

All we can do is press for change...

Your story shows how the whole ESA system fails the people its meant to serve. I'm ex Army many of the veterans of Gulf War and Afghanistan were told not worry we would not be put though the WCA test guess what many were and found fit for work. Many were missing limbs and mentally shell shocked but hey money was to saved so what? Anyway the British Legion fought back and now no veteran be retested if so get in contact with your local legion . I'm glad it ended well for you take care.

My heartfelt sorry for your loss :(

I went through hell and high water appealing my 0 score assesments, I won both of them yet still had to fight it out with the DWP for my backdated payments. It got to the point that I broke down on the phone to them one day and shouted to the person on the other end of the line about how my mental health was being affected so bad that I felt suicidal at times.............. 10 minutes later a knock on the door by 2 police officers saying they had a call from the DWP in respect to me possibly killing myself. I explained the situation and the officers could see how upset I was and agreed wholeheartedly that the system is not fit for purpose.

My daughter and partner found it ironic that the DWP were so concerned about my mental well being that they could contact the police about me, yet the same DWP accepted the word of a physiotherapist that NOTHING was wrong with me really

I so hope all these stories, and many, many more like them, are taken into account by the UN investigators, and somebody in govenment is held to account.

Don't get overexcited. The UN has a million minor committees set up by all sorts of people with their own agendas. Like the committee that keeps telling the UK to give the Falklands to Argentina but is completely ignored by the UN proper. Your Independant report is full of Chinese whispers and hasn't got any substance.