Does anyone know what's happened to this report?

I expect nothing of you because on current performance I don't expect there to be anything of substance available. Why would I go looking for unicorns?

However please present it if something exists, which it probably doesn't or it would have appeared here by now don't you think? I've heard of unicorns but I've never seen one.

I expect nothing of you because on current performance I don't expect there to be anything of substance available. Why would I go looking for unicorns?

However please present it if something exists, which it probably doesn't or it would have appeared here by now don't you think? I've heard of unicorns but I've never seen one.

There is something of substance: there is a Coroner's report, there is the Select Committee report, there are testimonies of families and friends, there are websites dedicated to matter in hand.

No doubt you'll dismiss these as sensationalist, anecdotal, not good enough.

Cyclone had it right when he identified Confirmation Bias.

No, it is just a collection of meaningless media anecdotes, which, is apparently the best that you can manage after a few tries.

I'm left wondering where they find all those second rate doctors you're claiming are prepared to act against a patient's best interests and their professional judgement.

Just show us the evidence. This isnt it.

I started off thinking you were being genuinely objective but I'm afraid it's now clear that you are not. What Cyclone has given are not "meaningless media anecdotes" but examples of malpractice that should give anyone cause for concern even if they don't want to jump to any conclusions about how widespread the malpractice is. I don't think there is anything that is possible of giving you any cause for concern, however compelling the evidence, because I don't believe you care.

Rubbish. I'm not jumping to conclusions, you just show us the evidence that hordes of qualified medical staff are signing off people who are at death's door.

It should be an absolute doddle if there is so much of it. Don't just provide a couple of anecdotes though.

I don't think I've made any claim about hordes, are you straw manning me?

You keep attempting to make out that whistle blowing is anecdotal somehow...

---------- Post added 22-10-2015 at 22:56 ----------

You continue to misunderstand by assuming that I have a contrary opinion to yours. I don't. I am not disagreeing with you or anyone else, I am just interested in what is happening and I'm pulling you and others up on some seriously lazy thinking because, to be honest, you keep coming back for it with yet more lazy thinking.

If you say so... At the moment it appears that you're straw manning and dismissing perfectly valid evidence in order to stick to an opinion you now claim not to have.

To repeat myself: I am interested in what is really happening, not a few half arsed conflated and compounded opinions about what people think is happening. Just show us the evidence because what you've provided so far doesn't stand up to much critical thinking.

Well go ahead and detail the critical thinking...

If you think you're so smart, why not do the research and the critical thinking and then share your amazing conclusions with us.

For example, 40 BMC referrals from 11k examinations per week (a figure mentioned above) doesn't even register in the real world under the circumstances of having benefits cut where people appeal everything all the time. Your analysis is like homeopathy.

You'd compare the number of referrals to the number of staff of course, not to the number of examinations... Critical thinking 101.

And then you'd compare it to the number of reports in the general medical population for the same time scale... Feel free to go ahead and do these things and prove that 40 is not unusual for that many medical professionals in that time scale.

Apply some quality research instead of quality harping.

They are suitably qualified medical professionals who are probably much better qualified to make some assessments than a GP. I see no problem there at face value. Do you have something more convincing?

Like the whistle blower, who was the head of mental health assessment, being told to change his reports by less qualified people... You're going to claim that this is somehow just anecdotal though...

---------- Post added 22-10-2015 at 22:59 ----------

I started off thinking you were being genuinely objective but I'm afraid it's now clear that you are not. What Cyclone has given are not "meaningless media anecdotes" but examples of malpractice that should give anyone cause for concern even if they don't want to jump to any conclusions about how widespread the malpractice is. I don't think there is anything that is possible of giving you any cause for concern, however compelling the evidence, because I don't believe you care.

I think it's all just an exercise is trying to prove how clever Eric is.

Which is frankly rather uninteresting.

Eric might be smarter than me, he might not, I don't really care. If he can make a valid contribution to a discussion then I'll be interested, but if he just wants to prove he's the smartest in the room, he can go and prove it to someone else.