Sheffields ugly buildings

I have noticed that no-one has had the balls to pass comment on the beautiful big green mosque in Heeley - that the OP inserted in his OP to get a reaction.

Come on, admit it - it really is a stunning building, not in the least bit ugly. Let down only by the shabby old buildings surrounding it.

So, you are expecting people to comment on a beautiful (by your own admission) building on a thread about ugly buildings.

You don't have the hang of this discussion forum stuff, do you?

Unless you were trying to provoke an argument:rolleyes:

So, you are expecting people to comment on a beautiful (by your own admission) building on a thread about ugly buildings.

You don't have the hang of this discussion forum stuff, do you?

Unless you were trying to provoke an argument:rolleyes:

It is beautiful, do you not agree?

Then you agree that the mosque should not be in this thread? Your argument is not with me. I forgive you your misplaced "roll eyes":)

The roll eyes are spot on.

Check out who raised the issue of the Mosque:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Novotel a bloody awful looking building

I like Moorfoot it's actually in the style of a ziggurat

The mosque as a building I don't find ugly but I do think the green domes should be in gold as the green look crap or copper and allowed to age

Sing hill police station and adjoining court building

I do not have any particular choices but I hate any of the brutalist concrete rubbish that was knocked up after the war.Thankfully one of them is being demolished at the moment(castle market).I do not mind the cheese grater but I preferred the Yorkshire Grey that was there before ,I have some great memories of that pub.The concrete jungle that is the moor is pretty dire as well.The new market is different,pity that hardly anybody is using it though.

---------- Post added 30-08-2015 at 23:04 ----------

I have noticed that no-one has had the balls to pass comment on the beautiful big green mosque in Heeley - that the OP inserted in his OP to get a reaction.

Come on, admit it - it really is a stunning building, not in the least bit ugly. Let down only by the shabby old buildings surrounding it.

I think the green plasticky looking domes are letting it down.Somebody else said it needed copper domes to finish it off instead of the green ones.I am guessing it was probably down to cost.