Do you use the word "So" to begin all answers to questions?

Over the last couple of years I've noticed a growing trend for people to start their answers to any question with "so...". It doesn't make any particular sense.

At first it was limited to people on TV, and the usual corporate-climbing sycophants one has to reluctantly tolerate to earn a salary, but it's getting to the point where almost everyone is doing it now. I have so far resisted. Anyone here do it?

There was a time when sentences frequently began with the word 'Well'. It gives the speaker thinking time before they have to answer the question. Is 'so' an alternative to 'well'?

What I loathe is the liberal sprinkling around of 'literally', 'basically'. How did that suddenly become so prevalent? Oh,and the use of 'of' instead of 'have'. as in, ' he would of liked that'.

"So" is fine.

What gets my goat is people who start almost every sentence with "Basically".

I also have to agree with the "At the end of the day". It makes me instantly assume that what follows is going to be a load of dingos' kidneys.

I admit to doing it, particularly in the way described in this article

It’s a response that helps create comaraderie and introduce listeners to an idea — a mild warning that some heavy content is coming.

In this way it acts as an attention grabber, saying "you need to concentrate on this bit"

Over the last couple of years I've noticed a growing trend for people to start their answers to any question with "so...". It doesn't make any particular sense.

At first it was limited to people on TV, and the usual corporate-climbing sycophants one has to reluctantly tolerate to earn a salary, but it's getting to the point where almost everyone is doing it now. I have so far resisted. Anyone here do it?

So What....".....