Using a mobile whilst driving?

I saw a van driver swerving all over the M1 on the Tinsley Viaduct, he was doing 40mph and granted the speed limit was 50mph but 40 is ridiculous on the motorway, anyway I held back as a couple of people who did over take him nearly got wiped out as he swerved across the lines. Eventually he seemed to straighten up so I went round him. As I got level with him he was sat there playing on his phone, don't know if he was texting or playing a game or what. Never seen anything like it. I beeped him and told him he was an idiot, he blatantly wasn't concentrating as he nearly jumped out of his skin when a beeped.

I was behind a woman who drove into the front corner of a lorry as she set off on a roundabout, he just pushed her for a few meters before he realised.

She soon got off the phone, she screamed at him for a minuite then drove right through the redlight into the path of a double decker!

I was behind a woman who drove into the front corner of a lorry as she set off on a roundabout, he just pushed her for a few meters before he realised.

She soon got off the phone, she screamed at him for a minuite then drove right through the redlight into the path of a double decker!

She wasn`t in a Fiat 500 was she ? ! ?

How about this for a starter. I was picking my three year old up from his nursery on Minto Rd, he runs down the path and out of the gate but stops by the side of the road like we`ve spent a lot of time training him to do. Just in front of him was a Fiat 500 being manoeuvred by some woman whilst chatting on her mobile ! I kid you not, she was reversing etc outside the entrance to a nursery whilst on her mobile ! ! Let`s just remember, she`d have been struggling to see the toddlers (their height means they`re below the level of the windows) even if she`d had her full 100% concentration on the job, but, and it bears repetition, she was chatting on her mobile ! I actually bent down to look at her and made the sign of a phone in my hand against my ear, she looked straight at me, but far from saying sorry or even just putting the phone down, she just carried on chatting as he drove off up Minto Rd ! What a cretin.

I'm not advocating talking on a mobile phone whilst driving, but some perspective is needed I think. Most people that use a mobile phone whilst driving don't end up having a crash and most people that are involved in a crash were not on their mobile phones.

I'm not advocating talking on a mobile phone whilst driving, but some perspective is needed I think. Most people that use a mobile phone whilst driving don't end up having a crash and most people that are involved in a crash were not on their mobile phones.

Yes, perspective. Try this...I'm not advocating drinking alcohol whilst driving, but some perspective is needed I think. Most people that drink and drive don't end up having a crash and most people that are involved in a crash were not drunk.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2014/7/21/mobile-phone-distraction-set-to-become-biggest-killer-on-british-roads-by-2015/53049/

In other words you use your mobile while driving and want to feel less guilty about it.

Mobile phones are a distraction. But they are whether they are handheld or not. So are radios. Turning on headlights. Windscreen wipers. So really just like the current speeding law, the whole lot should be revised into a single 'dangerous driving bill' which covers ANY actions that are deemed dangerous to others. So rather than a frankly ridiculous one size fits all speeding bill which is solely there for ease of enforcement rather than any actual desire to make the roads safer we have one that uses context to decide on law breakers like every other law in the UK.

Yes, perspective. Try this...I'm not advocating drinking alcohol whilst driving, but some perspective is needed I think. Most people that drink and drive don't end up having a crash and most people that are involved in a crash were not drunk.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2014/7/21/mobile-phone-distraction-set-to-become-biggest-killer-on-british-roads-by-2015/53049/

Good answer.

---------- Post added 14-09-2016 at 17:23 ----------

Mobile phones are a distraction. But they are whether they are handheld or not. So are radios. Turning on headlights. Windscreen wipers. So really just like the current speeding law, the whole lot should be revised into a single 'dangerous driving bill' which covers ANY actions that are deemed dangerous to others. So rather than a frankly ridiculous one size fits all speeding bill which is solely there for ease of enforcement rather than any actual desire to make the roads safer we have one that uses context to decide on law breakers like every other law in the UK.

Can we please try not to divert this thread on to speeding.....

We can agree that speaking on a mobile is very dangerous, far more so that turning on ones lights or windscreen wipers.