Looking for oak furniture

I can only see very old threads so have started a new one. I'm looking to change the furniture in my living room from dark wood to light oak. Does anyone have any suggestions of good furniture shops? I have had my furniture twenty to thirty years so you can tell I don't go furniture shopping much. Are there any local manufacturers. I'm having a look on Google but a lot see to be stocking the same stuff. I like the sleek lines of the utility furniture of the 50s but I'm also looking at more chunky rustic pieces before deciding exactly what I want.

I don't mind travelling out of the area if there is a decent manufacturer but I would like to see items in the flesh as I'm going to order around seven items.

That looks a good site, thanks. I will take a look. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy everything to match or all individual pieces in slightly different styles. I want a display cabinet to store all my best glassware and ornaments, stuff I want to see but don't want to dust every few days. Once I have chosen this piece I will know if I'm going to mix and match or buy the whole lot from one place.

I have had my eye on Oakfurnitureland stuff for a while. I must go and have a look at it. Have you bought any? Are you happy with it?

We have decided to move our book cases into other rooms so we can buy other furniture instead of book cases. We don't need the payment plan. I have been considering changing the furniture on and off for a while so have some money saved up. I want a balance of quality and price so I'm hoping to do the room in a budget if £3-4K. I can stretch to more if the quality justifies the extra money.

Try these, fantastic quality, all custom made to order, fantastic guarantees, so far we have refurbished 2 rooms with their goods,

indigofurniture matlock

we have looked at these too and concur they are good quality but very heavy especially the beds so ensure the floors can cope.

I can only see very old threads so have started a new one. I'm looking to change the furniture in my living room from dark wood to light oak. Does anyone have any suggestions of good furniture shops? I have had my furniture twenty to thirty years so you can tell I don't go furniture shopping much. Are there any local manufacturers. I'm having a look on Google but a lot see to be stocking the same stuff. I like the sleek lines of the utility furniture of the 50s but I'm also looking at more chunky rustic pieces before deciding exactly what I want.

I don't mind travelling out of the area if there is a decent manufacturer but I would like to see items in the flesh as I'm going to order around seven items.

These are good: http://www.cotswoldco.com/

Chez....yes, we bought our new oak furniture from here. It's really lovely & so beautifully made. We went to the one at Drakehouse Retail Park. One important thing to remember is that the wood needs to be waxed regularly so it doesn't dry out. They will offer you a tin of furniture wax to buy which works great. We also got our settee from them and our new bed. Excellent service every visit. No pushy salesmen. We also took advantage of the very reasonable package offering insurance cover for the settee. Which (even as a cat owner) covers for spills, rips etc.