The Bible is a awesome Book even if you dont believe its Gods word

are you even reading my posts????

Of course I am, they consist mainly of incorrect assumptions about what my views are, alongside your opinion that morality can't be taught in schools but it can be taught in Church. You haven't given an explanation of the reasoning behind your opinion though, which is what I'm asking.

Of course I am, they consist mainly of incorrect assumptions about what my views are, alongside your opinion that morality can't be taught in schools but it can be taught in Church. You haven't given an explanation of the reasoning behind your opinion though, which is what I'm asking.

I'm too tired to even think of replying. OK that's obviously a lie. Here I go.

I have never said that morality can't be taught in schools which is why I think you can't be reading my posts. It can, but that's not the end of the matter.

I have said something like it's not sufficient. You know that mathematics thing about necessary and sufficient conditions for something to be true?

I thought I was trying to find some common ground, beyond what you're comfortable with maybe, but maybe you're not as open to others people's ideas as I first thought. Yes I know that's provocative, but I confess, I'm tired. Forgive me.

Confessions and forgiveness ... are they a good thing? What do you think RB?

When you have to go to the lavatory you do then I presume travel a bowshot outside the city walls, dig a hole with a wooden paddle and relieve yourself into it?

What about clothes of two different threads? Or polycotton is banned? What about sowing peas and barley next to each other?

The "rules" are ludicrous.

We live under the covenant which is given to us in the new testament but it doesn't rule out the old testament as it backs up the new.

Ps we use what is known as a long drop !!!( for the toilet in Africa )

We live under the covenant which is given to us in the new testament but it doesn't rule out the old testament as it backs up the new.

Really?

I suspect then that we're in urgent need of a new, new testament to clean up the current new testament

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

How do you decide what to follow from the Old Testament?

Edited by SnailyBoy

How do you decide what to follow from the Old Testement?

It's perfectly obvious.

Sound Christians/Jews/Muslims have their own sense of morality outside their religious texts which they use to select the parts of the texts which they accept.

The idea that morality emerges from religion is nonsense.

But that means you get to pick and choose then which bits you want?

So you can ignore the inconvenient bits about clothes with two threads and peas and beans and toilet arrangements?

And you get to the keep the fun bits like downtrodden women, bashing gays and all that?

Seems a bit convenient to me that....

It's perfectly obvious.

Sound Christians/Jews/Muslims have their own sense of morality outside their religious texts which they use to select the parts of the texts which they accept.

The idea that morality emerges from religion is nonsense.

Absolutely agreed. If you need a book to tell you how to be a good person you have already failed.