The Bible is a awesome Book even if you dont believe its Gods word

We live under the covenant which is given to us in the new testament but it doesn't rule out the old testament as it backs up the new.

Instead of "we" you really should state we Christians as many others who are not Christians do not abide to that covenant.

Instead of "we" you really should state we Christians as many others who are not Christians do not abide to that covenant.

I actually meant the new covenant which only Christians follow as far as i am aware

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 18:31 ----------

Jeremiah 31:31-34 - Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (Read More...)

Hebrews 8:13 - In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 9:15 - And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 8:7-8 - For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (Read More...)

Luke 22:20 - Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:25 - After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink [it], in remembrance of me.

Hebrews 8:6 - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Romans 7:6 - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:6 - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Romans 8:1-39 - [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. (Read More...)

Mark 14:24 - And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Jeremiah 31:33 - But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:31 - Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Romans 6:14 - For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

I actually meant the new covenant which only Christians follow as far as i am aware

And how do you, as a woman and a christian, feel about the stuff in the new testament saying things like this:

"I forbid a woman to have authority over a man."

"Women should keep quiet in church."

They aren't from the old testament, those are the words of paul the founder of your church.

The links provided to enable us to "read" the bible are to organizations who both claim that the world will end and unless we save/give...

Christadelphians Wiki link

Grace Communion International Wiki link

Both have "history" which makes fascinating reading.

Why someone would want to be associated with such organizations let alone promote them to others.

And how do you, as a woman and a christian, feel about the stuff in the new testament saying things like this:

"I forbid a woman to have authority over a man."

"Women should keep quiet in church."

They aren't from the old testament, those are the words of paul the founder of your church.

Jesus gave women status and respect equal to men. Not only did he break with the anti-female culture of his era, but he set a standard for Christ-followers. Peter and Paul both rose to the challenge in what they wrote in the New Testament. Which is why women are in the churches , they are leaders, what is meant that women shouldn't become men !

Jesus gave women status and respect equal to men. Not only did he break with the anti-female culture of his era, but he set a standard for Christ-followers. Peter and Paul both rose to the challenge in what they wrote in the New Testament. Which is why women are in the churches , they are leaders, what is meant that women shouldn't become men !

That's not what it says.

We only just got women priests in the anglican church after hundreds of years.

You're doing exactly what I was talking about and applying religion-independent morality to select which bits of the holy book apply. You're not getting morality from the book. Your morality is your own.

So now you have an issue with transgender as well? But didn't God command you to love your neighbour, so what if they are transgendered?

Corinthians 1.34:

"Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

On whose authority do you dare go against the new testament like that?

So now you have an issue with transgender as well? But didn't God command you to love your neighbour, so what if they are transgendered?

I didn't mention Trans gender I said it says love one another , it doesn't say except trans gender , homosexual ets Jesus told us to love one another .