The Bible is a awesome Book even if you dont believe its Gods word

I didn't mention Trans gender I said it says love one another , it doesn't say except trans gender , homosexual ets Jesus told us to love one another .

But was that spiritual love or also the sexual kind as there seem to be a conflict and no definition between the two is made.

But was that spiritual love or also the sexual kind as there seem to be a conflict and no definition between the two is made.

There is love:

I love my children and my grandchildren; I do not have intercourse with them, nor expect them to bear my children.

I love my wife; This is a relationship with a sexual and reproductive element.

Some people I know take "lovers" merely to enjoy sex with them.

Unfortunately, in English we tend to use the same word for all these. I believe Greek had a number of different words.

Maybe we need to be very clear about our meaning when we throw words around.

That isn't the point. In the same way as the Bible says 'Love thy neighbour' it doesn't mean have sex with them! The issue is that Christians do not love homosexuals. The think they are an abomination who are going to hell. Hardly in keeping with the rest of the teachings.

What I find amusing is that the Jehovas Witnessess currently occupying our streets with pamphlets saying 'What Does The Bible Really Teach' didn't take kindly to me suggesting it teaches us that desperate people will believe in a work of fiction if it gives meaning to their pitiful lives and hope of a better afterlife. And the fact that continues centruries later, despite so much of said book since being proved innavurate, shows how gullible some people really are.

I would like to say that I have no issue with any of that if it believing in the Bible makes people's lives better. But as this kind of discrimination shows, plus the vast amounts of people persecuted and slaughtered throughout history simply because of their religious beliefs, I'm afraid I can't.

There is love:

I love my children and my grandchildren; I do not have intercourse with them, nor expect them to bear my children.

I love my wife; This is a relationship with a sexual and reproductive element.

Some people I know take "lovers" merely to enjoy sex with them.

Unfortunately, in English we tend to use the same word for all these. I believe Greek had a number of different words.

Maybe we need to be very clear about our meaning when we throw words around.

we are talking about Agape love

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 14:42 ----------

That isn't the point. In the same way as the Bible says 'Love thy neighbour' it doesn't mean have sex with them! The issue is that Christians do not love homosexuals. The think they are an abomination who are going to hell. Hardly in keeping with the rest of the teachings.

What I find amusing is that the Jehovas Witnessess currently occupying our streets with pamphlets saying 'What Does The Bible Really Teach' didn't take kindly to me suggesting it teaches us that desperate people will believe in a work of fiction if it gives meaning to their pitiful lives and hope of a better afterlife. And the fact that continues centruries later, despite so much of said book since being proved innavurate, shows how gullible some people really are.

I would like to say that I have no issue with any of that if it believing in the Bible makes people's lives better. But as this kind of discrimination shows, plus the vast amounts of people persecuted and slaughtered throughout history simply because of their religious beliefs, I'm afraid I can't.

the Bible does say that but we are not to Judge sin , that is down to God , I have aways been taught we lover the sinner but hate the sin

we are talking about Agape love

This supposed "love" of everybody whilst simultaneously condemning their atypical lifestyle and consigning them to second class status in life followed by eternal suffering after death is both useless and meaningless.

In our society many women want to be better than men and even be above them instead of their equal or partner

And in my society many MEN want to be better than WOMEN and even be above them instead of their equal or partner.

Is that signed off as ok within the bible?

In our society many women want to be better than men and even be above them instead of their equal or partner

That's highly non-responsive.

Are equal rights for men and women consistent with the teachings of the new testament?

Is meritocracy consistent if it places a wiser woman above a man?

Are equal rights for homosexuals allowed?

I don't think they are.

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 14:47 ----------

And in my society many MEN want to be better than WOMEN and even be above them instead of their equal or partner.

Is that signed off as ok within the bible?

Yes it is. Which is why modern society and even most western christians, ignore it.