Archeology question (time team)

As there have been financial crashes throughout history, it was not unusual for affluent debtors to bury their properties in order to hide them from their creditors and invaders.

The intentions were usually to excavate their mansions as situations improved, but many were left hidden.

Hello I have a question about archeology when watching time team I was wondering why so much is buried like I saw them unearthing some stone buildings and walls how did they get buried down?

Please don't listen to the nonsense posted above.

It was customary behaviour of the dinosaurs to bury man-made buildings in an attempt to wipe out mankind and secure their own survival.

Years later, there were groups of younger dinosaurs known as creationists. They dismissed the existence of mankind as a myth, because to accept that man existed would mean the Earth was more than 6,000 years old.

Please don't listen to the nonsense posted above.

It was customary behaviour of the dinosaurs to bury man-made buildings in an attempt to wipe out mankind and secure their own survival.

Years later, there were groups of younger dinosaurs known as creationists. They dismissed the existence of mankind as a myth, because to accept that man existed would mean the Earth was more than 6,000 years old.

I find this answer to be most acceptable, although I'm still a little unsure as to where Piltdown and Parsonian man enter into this explanation. It also strikes me as rather odd why these old buildings and human/dinosaur remains are always found underground rather than hovering above it? :huh:

While the above answers are amusing, they haven't answered the question that has puzzled me too. As the archaeologists dig down they find materials from different time periods, Anglo Saxon, Roman, etc the deeper they go. It just seems strange.

Another thing that makes me smile is when they find a cache of coins and assume they belong to that period. But perhaps they were the property of someone from a much later period who just happened to be an old coin collector. If you see what I mean.

A lot of it depends on the area, the 'deeper is older' phenomena only occurs where there was a soft underground. People didn't have roads back then and structures (houses, forts and so on) had a very short lifespan compared to the solid stone structures we have now. Over time a settlement would simply 'silt up' - mud from outside the place would be walked into it and deposit to the existing underground. Over a hundred years you could easily be talking about a foot of earth.

In the Netherlands there is a different reason: Until the late medieval times areas were very swampy, heavy goods that were 'lost' in mud would sink down over time. That is probably also likely in places like East Anglia and Lincolnshire and several river estuaries in England.

I find this answer to be most acceptable, although I'm still a little unsure as to where Piltdown and Parsonian man enter into this explanation. It also strikes me as rather odd why these old buildings and human/dinosaur remains are always found underground rather than hovering above it? :huh:

That's easily explained by the many wasp species that maintained low-air superiority during the last hover age. They were notoriously merciless in their conquest of the first 12 feet of the atmosphere.

That's easily explained by the many wasp species that maintained low-air superiority during the last hover age. They were notoriously merciless in their conquest of the first 12 feet of the atmosphere.

I accept that, but how come pterodactyl fossils aren't found in the sky? :huh: