Waiting to inhale

Waitings probably the wrong word but hey ho, never mind.

Last night, well in the middle of the night really i was woken by an urge to cough. I coughed but for what seemed like minutes (really only 10 or so seconds) i was physically unable in inhale. I got into a bit of a panic if im honest but then all of a sudden i inhaled and got back to normal.

This isnt the first time this has happened, its becoming more frequent happening roughly once or twice a month.

Should i be worried? I dont want to go the gp unless its needed as its such a pain getting an app.

Has this happened to anyone on here?

Waitings probably the wrong word but hey ho, never mind.

Last night, well in the middle of the night really i was woken by an urge to cough. I coughed but for what seemed like minutes (really only 10 or so seconds) i was physically unable in inhale. I got into a bit of a panic if im honest but then all of a sudden i inhaled and got back to normal.

This isnt the first time this has happened, its becoming more frequent happening roughly once or twice a month.

Should i be worried? I dont want to go the gp unless its needed as its such a pain getting an app.

Has this happened to anyone on here?

Sounds like a mild form of consumption if you ask me, which in itself is surprising.

Consumption was a disease very much enjoyed by the Victorians, until, in 1882, Dr.Robert Koch supplanted it by inventing the tubercle bacillus, thereby patenting it as tuberculosis. Consumption was no more.

Therefore, for you to have contracted consumption is something to be pretty proud of, as no-one else has it … anywhere! :thumbsup:

If you want to double check (though hardly necessary), compare a recent photograph of your lungs to this one.

Your next step? … options available to you now, include,

Joining a circus.

Guinness Book of Records

Renting your lungs out to a formaldehyde manufacturer for promotional usage.

On the other hand, it may be nothing to worry about whatsoever.

Have a google for 'laryngospasm'

See if it matches your symptoms.

Thank you for that. Thats pretty much spot on with what happened. Im taking antibiotics for a throat problem at the minute so i guess ill need to book in at the GPs

Thanks again mate :)

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 12:32 ----------

Sounds like a mild form of consumption if you ask me, which in itself is surprising.

Consumption was a disease very much enjoyed by the Victorians, until, in 1882, Dr.Robert Koch supplanted it by inventing the tubercle bacillus, thereby patenting it as tuberculosis. Consumption was no more.

Therefore, for you to have contracted consumption is something to be pretty proud of, as no-one else has it … anywhere! :thumbsup:

If you want to double check (though hardly necessary), compare a recent photograph of your lungs to this one.

Your next step? … options available to you now, include,

Joining a circus.

Guinness Book of Records

Renting your lungs out to a formaldehyde manufacturer for promotional usage.

On the other hand, it may be nothing to worry about whatsoever.

Erm,,thank you?