Going chemical free

k, thanks finally food for thought.

Initially the word pesticide jumps out, That really needs a bit more qualifying as there is a world of difference between pesticides.

Id use beer and electric to keep the slugs off my veg but I mostly get it from asda so am wondering what they use that's 'toxic' to me.....

I have an allotment and grow organic using nemotodes..theres some debate on the harmful effect of

Pesticide chemicals...

Im not a chemist...but id rather not find out if pesticides are dangerous. I believe they cause a wide range of diseases with build up as studies show.

Heres some info on them

http://www.toxicsaction.org/problems-and-solutions/pesticides

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 01:42 ----------

It needs research into what is toxic specifically

..but pesticides are man made. Its not part of nature, it shouldnt be on food, full stop.

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 01:46 ----------

Theres some eu research into pesticides and effect on wildlife. harmful to bees...and production of pollen.

Heres a list..http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-9694/13-dangerous-toxins-to-avoid-in-your-food.html

Id add to that aspertame.

Then theres soaps, shampoos and household items. cos you got to clean up your environment too.

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 01:18 ----------

Tell us about aspertame....and why it may not or maybe bad for you.

You cant afford my consulting rates.

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 02:22 ----------

Im not a chemist...

Obviously so. Try reading up about the dunning kruger effect as well.

Toxins, chemicals.....

Is that meant to be a definition? Everything is chemical, didn't you do basic science at school?

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 06:56 ----------

Fat on your body is a toxin, so it would make sense to eliminate that too!

What? Like a bit of butter on the outside is a toxin?

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 06:58 ----------

The harmful ones. Im going as close to nature as possible...

So a bit of deadly nightshade and cyanide then?

Nature doesn't make something non harmful, and some of the most deadly chemical compounds known to man are created by nature.

I looked under my sink (where I keep the cleaning stuff) & I must admit I was aghast at the amount of products under there. So I thought I'd go 'back to basics' as it were.

I looked on the internet & there appeared to be a consensus that White Vinegar & Bicarbonate of Soda were the 2 main products that were necessary to keep a clean home.

I have to say that when I mixed the 2 together I was impressed at how clean the grouting in my shower came up - it was gleaming white! I'd tried Flash & Jif they just didn't do the job. So I'll keep the vinegar & bicarb for that job - but use my all purpose flash for floors & surfaces - just out of convenience.

Ah. So that is the level of this debate.

I'm off to mumsnet to find someone with a bit of intellectual capacity.

Why do you and others like you have to turn so many threads into debates? The Op is just interested in this subject and asked for tips, not a debate. We're not all sitting behind our keyboards waiting to attack and it certainly puts me off that threads Have a 'I'm more intelligent' than you mentality. He/she is being hurled insults for no other reason than to intimidate. It disappoints me that SF so often comes over this way.

Feel free to have a stab, I'm not interested in you.

So are these one of those threads where you only want people to post if they agree with you?

Yes, I think that's exactly what the op wants, not everyone wants a debate. It's a discussion forum so why not? Not interested in the discussion...don't waste your time :)