Suitable MOT station for the Alcomobile®?

As most people on here know, my preferred mode of transport for day-to-day stuff is the Alcocopter® (seen here in hot pursuit of an escaped airborne Crookes ebola virus) … nippy, reliable(ish), and easy to park.

However, when expedience over creature comforts is of paramount importance, then the Alcomobile (also®) is a no-brainer.

Initially called 'Chitty Bang Bang', the Alcomobile® was built in the early 1920's by Count Louis Zborowski, and powered by a 27 litre, V12 Liberty aero-engine, delivering 450bhp (for the petrol-head buffs).

Just to prove how powerful it is, it was clocked at over a very illegal 170mph, by both police and apoplectic coastguards, along a beach (of all places!) in south Wales in 1926!

Since then, it has few other owners, until finally being stolen by my goodself a few years back.

The car's pretty reliable, although stalls at traffic lights occasionally, mainly due to sand (of all things) in the carburetors … some slight salt corrosion to the chassis too (gritters eh? :mad:).

My problem being, the MOT testing station I normally use has now fallen down closed down, due mainly to the effects of fracking.

As such, I'm now looking for an MOT service station in that can test the ageing Alcomobile® without my fear of my being reported to the police … not only for the Alcomobile® being sort of stolen, but several speeding misdemeanours … mostly trivial, I hasten to add.

Does anyone know of/use a testing station such as this? I'm not that bothered about it being in Sheffield. :huh:

(as well as this, I have a friend who's looking for a MOT station for his newly purchased veteran car)

A suitable place for the Alcomobile would be Hemingway's near Grenoside, you run the car over the same pit where they test the lorries, they do not repair cars so are neutral. Have took my cars there for years.

It's been in a pit (sand) for over forty years, I don't really want to risk getting it close to another one.

I shall pass the message on though. :)